Got a lovely letter.

As some of you know, we have bought a new PPOR and will be renting out the old one, once we paint & fix the damage that our pets have caused.

Next door to us lives a nice young couple, the female is the sister to the male in the house at the back of us. Their mother wants to rent our ex-PPOR. She wants somewhere long term as she must move from her current home since the landlord is selling. Before that she was renting another property for 13 years. The same thing happened there. She was forced into moving becasue the landlord was selling.

We received a lovely letter telling us how much she would really like to move into our home as she has her father living with her (legally blind). It works out well as she gets on well with her children and she can baby sit. The kids can also look after their grandfather when she is out.

She received glowing references from her current real estate which includes the fact that she is 3 weeks ahead in the rent and has been the entire time she has been there. Looks after the property like its her own too, which of course is every landlord's dream.

Then there was a clause in the letter that said she doesn't care what the rent is, because she will pay whatever we set it at (can someone please pinch me, because I really must be dreaming).

It means more than a cerain %age blind, deemed to almost "as good as" totally blind when it comes to things such as ability to work etc

wow, that's awesome, you can't really complain about that then can you!

Sounds like the perfect tenant... maybe just a little too perfect..?:eek:

And she's willing to pay any rent - that's great, obviously she is trusting enough also that you will charge her a fair market rental price. Saves you the advertising and time and hassle of showing prospective tenants through also.

Then there was a clause in the letter that said she doesn't care what the rent is, because she will pay whatever we set it at (can

Yes, landlord heaven indeed. After all the good stuff we do as LL's some of it has to come back to us :)
You must have done some good stuff over the years skater - congratulations.

Hi Skater,

Just wondering where you have moved to. I know you have said your old PPOR had a few "not so great" neighbours and I just wondered if you have moved right out of the Mount Druitt area or not???

So now you can sell your other IP's and just charge $3000 a week for this one. Sounds good to me. ;)

Regards
Marty

LOL! Hubby jokingly said that the rent would be an astronomical figure like that.

She is only paying $230pw where she is. It is being set at $285pw.:D Mind you, it is better than the place she is leaving.

Yes, landlord heaven indeed. After all the good stuff we do as LL's some of it has to come back to us :)
You must have done some good stuff over the years skater - congratulations.

Haha! We have some tenants that would certainly NOT agree with you. After all, we have evicted our fair share of scum over the years. But, we also have some lovely tenants that treat the properties as their own. Hopefully this one will be one of those.

Hi Skater,

Just wondering where you have moved to. I know you have said your old PPOR had a few "not so great" neighbours and I just wondered if you have moved right out of the Mount Druitt area or not???

No, we are still local to Mt Druitt, but the other (better) side of the highway. The suburb is St Clair.

Gee, I am so OVER this moving lark. Boxes everywhere. Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh! And the accountant is coming on Friday. Do you think I even know what boxes all my paperwork is in? To top it off, I haven't done half of it yet. Yuck! Not having much fun at all.

Its funny I never thought of St Clair as being local to Mt Druitt.

I nearly bought a place once in St Clair, it definitely is is the more upmarket area of the Penrith, Mt Druitt, St Marys area Skater.

I hope your neighbours are wonderful !!

Lovely Skater,

Even the fact that she took the time to write the letter says a lot.

I just rented an IP privately and chose a tenant who was polite and upfront, early for her inspection and bearing references/payslips from the start. She has also just paid 5 months rent upfront ( on a 6 month lease) so I am feeling quite happy about the arrangement so far.

When I moved out of my PPR the next door neighbours brother and his girlfriend wanted to move in. They paid top dollar in rent, hes a handyman and I rarely hear from them unless its a major (blocked sewer type of problem)They wanted to buy the house soon after (I declined) and eventually they got married. Lovely fairy story

Back