Granny flat - Warringah council

Hi all - does anyone know whether it is possible to receive approval for a granny flat under the SEPP regs in Warringah council? Have heard that for some reason Warringah does not fall under the new SEPP, wondering whether that is correct :( :(

They didn't prior to Feb 25.

There was a change in another policy (exempt and complying development codes) that meant that land in Warringah Council is now included.

To calculate the zone to see if you can carry it out you need to have a look at the exhibited Draft LEP for Warringah.

Great news, thanks for that. The link via the Warringah council site to the draft LEP is currently inoperative, so I may need to go into council to take a look. Once I've looked at the plan to determine the zoning of the property that I am considering, is it then easy enough to determine whether that zone allows granny flats?

If so, does this mean that approval can go via the 10 day SEPP route (assuming it complies)?

Thanks.

Great news, thanks for that. The link via the Warringah council site to the draft LEP is currently inoperative, so I may need to go into council to take a look. Once I've looked at the plan to determine the zoning of the property that I am considering, is it then easy enough to determine whether that zone allows granny flats?

If so, does this mean that approval can go via the 10 day SEPP route (assuming it complies)?

Thanks.

If it is an R1-R5 zoning then you will be fine.

As long as you meet the requirements of both the affordable rental SEPP and the cross linked sections of the Codes SEPP where applicable, then you should be able to go down the complying development route, provided there are no other issues with your land like heritage conservation area etc

Back