Greed turns to Fear: Steve Mc Knights lastest Seminar email

Haven't bought the book...

Waaahhh!!!
I was looking forward to buying the 0 to 130 properties book next week when I visit the big smoke ( its cheaper in Myers apparently)
but now you guys have put me off.....

Any other recommended reading ou there ???

When gossip runs riot

Hi,

This post has been brought to my attention.

FYI, it is true that Dave and I have sold some of our bigger deals (multi family) to realise profits according to our investment strategy, but we still control 100 properties at the moment, all +ve cashflow and the majority purchased in the last 12 months.

As for comments about seminars etc. everyone is entitled to an opinion, however the dismissive and negative tones reflect more on the writer's limiting beliefs than anything else.

Onwards and upwards.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

SteveMcKnight said:
Hi,

.... everyone is entitled to an opinion, however the dismissive and negative tones reflect more on the writer's limiting beliefs than anything else.

And this opinion isn't dismissive and negative???

Onwards and upwards.

Jas

always_learning said:
Also known in the trade as Pump and Dump sic :D
It would be interesting to know if there was any overlap between selling some of his properties and advocating that his disciples buy.

He answered within 72 hours!!!!

The overlapping of buying and selling his props and what he was telling his followers? well that can be followed through his past newsletters to the latest one.

[And don,t come back with the tall poppy X."t Steve]

cheers yadreamin

always_learning said:
hmmm, let me think about it....Nope it's not cheap! $490 for a day is not cheap! Professional education runs about this price! So it's full market price.
Actually, it's cheap compared to many property investment seminars.

I went to 5 days of Peter Spann's seminars (12 hours + per day) which cost $3K. That was 4 years ago- $600 per day, so a bit above your guideline. But I would not be where I am now without that. I regard continuing education as important (both in my IT job and in investing) and do invest in that education.

The reason Heny Kaye could charge so much for his seminars was that people paid. Fortunately, other presenters had the integrity not to charge those sort of exorbitant amounts.

Hey guys, chill.

Navra merely committed the cardinal sin in the eyes of SS denizens by suggesting that there is a time to sell.

You would do yourself a disservice if you were to dismiss him as a turncoat. Tooooo easy!

Edit: "Merely" is out of place.

Folks,
I think Steve is entitled to run seminar just like everybody else. Few weeks ago I went to this introductory evening run by this woman in Doncaster (can't remember her name !) all she showed were some fancy slides with mansion and yacht, and she kept on saying 'believe me, my system works, hand me $1800 for a weekend seminar and I will even give you a list of REA, solicitors etc '( I can just look at the phone book !). I think Steve has far more credibility than a lot of these con persons. Just my 2 cents opinion.

Limiting beliefs

Steve McKnight wrote an excellent book (0-130) and I really enjoyed reading it and the motivation it gave me, it's still in my library which is a sign of the respect I give it (all other books go to the "Friends of the Library" organization for reincarnation)

I recently paid $175 to go a Steve Navra seminar for the day and considered it excellent value. I wouldn't consider charging $495 as unreasonable for a day's seminar with nice lunch for a small rooms worth of people (up to 50 perhaps), networking possibilites and course manual (but wait theres more!). And I have considered attending a Peter Comben seminar for $700+ (I forget the exact price). Good luck to Steve McKnight and may he leverage his knowledge/fame to the benefit of himself and others.

However.... I am of the opinion that Property seminar presenters just have to be licensed by ASIC or a similar organization.

This sentence made me wince: "As for comments about seminars etc. everyone is entitled to an opinion, however the dismissive and negative tones reflect more on the writer's limiting beliefs than anything else."

Well no - I don't agree. there are lots of pretty cluey people on here who's limiting beliefs have served others very well, if someone dismisses an idea it isn't always because they don't want to fly like an eagle - or they are happy being one of the sheep (Brad Sugarism's). If someone questions a belief or assertation or says something negative then diverting to a motivational tag is much worse that saying nothing in my opinion.

Here's another saying that makes my skin crawl (Steve McK never said anything like this!)- "I can't afford to pay that kind of money for a seminar!!" - "You are exactly the type of person who can't afford NOT TO PAY to come to my seminar!" arghhhh!!! ..No - maybe they need to pay their bills and go and visit the library for free first:)

"You think education is expensive - Try ignorance".... Yeh, there are bucketloads of em, anyway this is just my rant.

WaySolid

KPH

I'd buy the book. I bought it and it was worth the money.

The main concern people have raised here is more with the tone of Steve's latest email.

Obviously some of the people who hang around on this forum are not the type of people this email was aimed at, but obviously it appeals to some people , otherwise his seminar wouldn't be full.

See Change

Hi Guys

As regards the cost of attending a seminar, ESC recently held a three dayer in Auckland and the cost - wait for it - was close to $1200 per day. The venue was sold out.

How much was Robert Kiyosaki's seminar held on the Gold Coast at the beginning of June? And I presume it was sold out.

So $499 for Steve's seminar is basically peanuts.

Good luck to him if he can fill the hall at that cost.

Regards

Aceyducey said:
Well you can certain see whose internet marketing seminars Steve chooses to go to...

I have never been convinced that US internet marketing techniques work on Australians - but I suppose the proof is in the pudding :)

Maybe it's time to ask ASIC to investigate how Steve's able to advise people on property strategies without a Financial Planners' license.....

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I'm with you Acey. I find this particularly marketing technique as really annoying. It fails to promote any sense of urgency to buy with me...but Steve is FAR from the only culprit...I got one snail mail from Rick Otton which seemed to have more highlighted, italicised, bold, capitals and exclamation marks than straight text :rolleyes:

Having said that, you can't fault Steve for using marketing techniques that seem to work - he doesn't ever seem to have much trouble getting bums on seats.

I like some of Steve's concepts and the reality is he's no longer working as an office jockey whereas the majority of us on this forum still are - so maybe we should doff our hats to his "massive action" but duly bin those marketing missives that miss the mark ;)

My 2.2c
N.

Leverage your skill

Excellent thoughts NigelW.

Perhaps we of the many leading lives of "quiet desperation" :) as office jockeys or treadmill employees can provide a seminar on "How to work 60 hours weeks for an ordinary wage and retire on the pension in 30 years!!" in the spirit of there are so many guru's telling people "Do what I do!", but no guru's telling people DON'T be like me!

Just a thought ;)

NigelW said:
I got one snail mail from Rick Otton which seemed to have more highlighted, italicised, bold, capitals and exclamation marks than straight text
There is another (smaller profile) presenter, who, when his seminars are imminent, sends me at least 10 snail mails (duplicates plus three or for different letters).

Each is pages long, full of bolding, italics, and quotes from grateful customers.

Some include a CD (not sure even if it's an audio CD, CD Rom or DVD)

Acey,

"Maybe it's time to ask ASIC to investigate how Steve's able to advise people on property strategies without a Financial Planners' license....."

While I have no problem that ASIC should investigate people who are making claims to riches in a very short time as suitable for the average person (meaning anyone can simulate the presented information and could realistically expect similar results) I have MAJOR problem the Financial Planners would advise on property strategies based on thier current educattion.

I remember reading something from Jane Somers about Financial Planners and their complete ingnorance about direct property investment (apart from having in a nice managed fund and earning nice pre and traling commission on it) due to the fact that there is no money in it for them.

I also remember very vividly 1987, 2000+, tax effective investments, etc when financial planners were still pushed the mantra "invest in managed funds and diversify", while clients were loosing trillions around the world but they made nice commissions.

Among financial planners have only find that Steve Navra is the only one who sees property as an integral part of a wealth creation program. I am not pro or anti share or property (albeit quite a bit weary of managed funds), I just would like whoever is advises people (and government licensed to do so) about financial matters will advise for the interest of the person not the interest of the firm employs him/her or self interest. Latter, I still yet to see in a financial planner (apart from Steve Navra's firm).

2c.

May be this is off topic. I saw a financial planner few months ago for over an hour, it was a total waste of time. What is the percentage of financial planners who are weathy enough to stop work for a living ?

bornfree said:
May be this is off topic. I saw a financial planner few months ago for over an hour, it was a total waste of time. What is the percentage of financial planners who are weathy enough to stop work for a living ?
By definition- probably pretty close to zero.

If an FP is wealthy enough to stop work, then why would he still be working?

(well, maybe because:
1. They enjoy their work
2. They just want more money
3. Their partner is divorcing and taking away most of the ready case

... a few ideas- but there probably won't be many who would draw up a plan on the basis of, say, a 1% commission on $10K funds in return for 5 hours work... plus, they would not be likely to suggest you go and buy a property by yourself and not get any commission out of it)

Gday

I dont visit this site too often, so to come back after a bit and find this thread, I was really surprised. I am going to the seminar, it will be my first one with Steve, having been to Navra once (not happy with his follow thru) and ESC (which I walked out of on last day). May I state, that I am NOT a follower of anyone, and I respect his success and have been thinking about NZ investment for a while, which will be covered I believe. It is also a good opportunity to meet with some of the investors. No I dont have any of Steves books either, though profits from his 0-130 properties book I believe went wholly to charity, which Im not sure Id do that, to be honest.

I love investing, and $499 is stuff all to pay actually, for something I think would be highly valuable and enjoyable. Thats just above 2 hours of my accountants time, and in so much as she have saved me huge tax bills, I think a day seminar with Steve rates extremely highly.

Steve has to cover all types of investors, and his forum still has inexperienced people contributing, so whilst his statements make the legend investors on this site, wince, he has to cover all levels.

Cheers
Jars

Back