Guildford (NSW) - is carpet desirable for the demographics?

Hi All,

We'd be doing some touch-up on a rental in Guildford NSW (Parramatta area) soon and wonder if putting carpet will make the place more desirable for the potential tenants in the area. The place is currently all tiled and tiles are in good nick.

Originally I plan to re-carpet the whole house, but noticed that some adverts around the area mentioned "tiles throughout", so wonder if this is the preference of tenants in the area.

My options are:
- leave it as is,
- carpet bedrooms only, or
- carpet the whole house.

Anybody of you with knowledge of the area could help with insight?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
My options are:
- leave it as is,
- carpet bedrooms only, or
- carpet the whole house.
Anybody of you with knowledge of the area could help with insight?

Leave it as it is. Most bedroom carpet spends its life under the bed. If tenants want to, they can put a rug down in the bedrooms and a hall runner up the hallway.

Your target audience in Granville, Merrylands, Guildford can prefer to have tiles.

A lot of properties in the area have tiles as their original owners generally are of origins that prefer tiles (and lots of concrete). Much better maintenance-wise to have tiles. We have carpets throughout our place and our latest tenants have damaged them and haven't been in that long. Seems they like to burn incense and candles on the floor as part of their religious rituals. The predominant nationalities renting there at the moment are Arabic, Indian, Tongan. More Arabic if on the eastern side of the railway, more Indian/Tongan if on the western side.

Thanks all, for the replies.

Another learning for me: that what I thought was most attractive (ie. to carpet the place) may not be what's most suitable for the place :)

Tiles or carpet?

I think you made the right decision with the tiles!

As a general rule, tiles are completely fine in a rental property. Clean, neat and easy to maintain!

Hope everything is going well with the property! I'd be pleased to hear an update!

Jason

Back