gutter replacement $2k?

Just double checking as I am not sure what's the normal price is.
The gutter in Rutherford property is 2/3 rusted and way past it used by date, the roofers/ gutter installer said it's cheaper to replace than patch. Quote comes at $2k for Colorbond, total length 45.2m plus 4 downpipes.

Sounds reasonable to me, but is it?
not something I want to pay but don't think I have much choice :-/

Remova all existing old guttering,capping and iron to lean to of residence
new colour bond gutters to complete residence
new colorbond fascia and barge capping to cover all timber
new colorbond corrugated roof to back lean to including capping and flashing.
general tidy up of pvc downpipes.
removal of rubbish.

$2880.00

Thanks Nww, do you know your linear meter?
this one includes climaseal screw and clean up of oldmaterials, but not sure about fascia (I need to Google that!)

Sounds good to me. I am getting quotes right now. My quotes don't mentin lineal metres but when the first two came in at $3.2K and over $7K :eek: I knew we needed another quote. Ended up with another two $3.3K and $5.7K.

So I figure just over $3K is about right for our job. I can roughly measure our lineal meterage if that helps you but we have one very difficult side which requires tricky scaffolding set up and that extra time setting up cost will be in our quote too.

If they're past the useby date and leaky they will cause structural damage to the property. Get a second/third quote if you are unsure.

Yes sir :(
Waiting for one more quote

Sounds good to me. I am getting quotes right now. My quotes don't mentin lineal metres but when the first two came in at $3.2K and over $7K :eek: I knew we needed another quote. Ended up with another two $3.3K and $5.7K.

So I figure just over $3K is about right for our job. I can roughly measure our lineal meterage if that helps you but we have one very difficult side which requires tricky scaffolding set up and that extra time setting up cost will be in our quote too.

Thank you, I read your thread wylie, and only get someone to have alook per your suggestions otherwise I'll completely missed it :eek:

Thanks Nww, do you know your linear meter?
this one includes climaseal screw and clean up of oldmaterials, but not sure about fascia (I need to Google that!)

No sorry the linear metre not quoted.
It was for a smallish house 2 bedder with rear veranda which the sheeting
was replaced.
He is on the central coast , not sure he goes up your way.

Just renewing quad now on another property myself from metaland
quad 14.14
flashing 22.59
brackets 3.38

Just double checking as I am not sure what's the normal price is.
The gutter in Rutherford property is 2/3 rusted and way past it used by date, the roofers/ gutter installer said it's cheaper to replace than patch. Quote comes at $2k for Colorbond, total length 45.2m plus 4 downpipes.

Sounds reasonable to me, but is it?
not something I want to pay but don't think I have much choice :-/

Materials would be $50-75 per 6 mts span for the gutter,depending on trades prices,downpipes all fit off would be in the $200 plus range..

The trick with clour-bond as it will outlast normal gal quad 3 too 1, light gauge gal quad will start rusting very quickly unless you paint some
bitumen paint on the surface area inside the gutter..imho..

Ok, just got another quote

This one includes Fascia cover, total of $2870 using Ace Durakote
Is the product any different with Colorbond?
Is it important to have Fascia cover? :confused:

The fascia is the first to go on once the roof frame is in place,, prior too the roof-gutters and all the downpipes fitoffs,if the setup has no fascia then no,if there is one fitted then they don't normally rust..imho..

Ok, just got another quote

This one includes Fascia cover, total of $2870 using Ace Durakote
Is the product any different with Colorbond?

What are your current facias made of , I suspect timber.
They will cover the old timber facia with new colorbond facia so no more painting.
Ace products are a big sydney company that deliver all over the Newcaslte area
I have had them deliver to the central coast the last 20 years, would
have used them again this time except they don't do roof Sheeting.

What are your current facias made of , I suspect timber.
They will cover the old timber facia with new colorbond facia so no more painting.
Ace products are a big sydney company that deliver all over the Newcaslte area
I have had them deliver to the central coast the last 20 years, would
have used them again this time except they don't do roof Sheeting.

Yes, the fascia is timber. If I don't use a cover I need just need to paint them?
So Colorbond and Ace Durakote has similar quality? Just wondering as both quotes is pretty much the same in total ($2870 inc. fascia), so main difference is in product brand. If no one is better than the other, then I guess I'll go with one that's available?

Back