Had a call from my bank today...

90 % no lmi to top tier brokers and direct yes, AND huge discount over normal, .......no.

Effectively the policy isnt that much diff from what WBC had a few years back with their 85 no lmi position

Max discount .70, so it doesnt take long to claw back an LMI premium cost.

Those in treasury can correct me, but the amount of extra reserve a lender needs to hold for an insured loan above 80, mixed with 100 pts discount results in a ROI of 0 or negative.

LMI is once off, rate is "forever" .

Obviously such product can be a very suitable option for those in agrowing market, and then simply hop out to a normal lend with normal lending margins and rates

ta

rolf

Selected CBA Bankers have been able to offer this for a while but only for the medico's

General Practitioners
Surgeons
Optometrists
Dentists
Radiologist
Veterinarian
Clinical Pharmacologist
Psychiatrist

And they must be a member of at least one of a list of associations.

90 % no lmi to top tier brokers and direct yes, AND huge discount over normal, .......no.

Effectively the policy isnt that much diff from what WBC had a few years back with their 85 no lmi position

Those in treasury can correct me, but the amount of extra reserve a lender needs to hold for an insured loan above 80, mixed with 100 pts discount results in a ROI of 0 or negative.

Obviously such product can be a very suitable option for those in agrowing market, and then simply hop out to a normal lend with normal lending margins and rates

ta

rolf

I remember last year at a PD day the bank going through how much money has to be put aside for different deals, I believe with CBA it was more to do with the risk rating / category rather then LVR (obviosuly these two are linked though)

Selected CBA Bankers have been able to offer this for a while but only for the medico's

General Practitioners
Surgeons
Optometrists
Dentists
Radiologist
Veterinarian
Clinical Pharmacologist
Psychiatrist

It's been generally available for years. My understanding is that it's limited to your PPOR.

I've generally found very few people in these fields actually want or need LMI. Of course there are exceptions, but they tend to be:
a) conservative - they don't 90% loans regardless of the LMI
b) cashed up - they're on reasonably good incomes and thus there's no need to pay LMI

It's been generally available for years. My understanding is that it's limited to your PPOR.

I've generally found very few people in these fields actually want or need LMI. Of course there are exceptions, but they tend to be:
a) conservative - they don't 90% loans regardless of the LMI
b) cashed up - they're on reasonably good incomes and thus there's no need to pay LMI

Reading through policy I read

"Loans must be Principal and Interest (not Interest Only) to have LMI waived
The maximum loan amount available is $2 million (per security)
Where there are multiple securities, loan amount must be less than $2 million against each security property to be eligible for the waiver with individual LVR per loan not exceeding 90%.
Once the system assessment has been completed the 'Customer Category' must be '1, 2 or 3' to be considered for LMI waiver"

The P&I with no IO, after the loan has funded I don't believe there would be much in place that would stop the change to IO.

I believe the PPOR maybe a 'credit myth', all the LMI waivers have to done by credit decisioning so would be interesting.

I'll shoot an email off to someone and get back to you with the right answer :)

You're right Brady, the restriction is around principal & interest, as opposed to only being for PPOR. My bad. I was trying to do one recently but the P&I restriction got in the way (I just tend to associate P&I with PPOR, it's hard to find an investor that wants P&I).

It's pretty easy with CBA. Apply for P&I, then switch to IO over the phone after settlement. No messy credit too-ing and fro-ing.

currently the max discount is 1% which is not too bad for loans above 500K. In the future if you did a loan at 80% or even 90% and negotiated a better package discount you could have that discount applied across all loans in the package.

ta

rolf

General Practitioners
Surgeons
Optometrists
Dentists
Radiologist
Veterinarian
Clinical Pharmacologist
Psychiatrist

that is where this offer is different as it offers to different occupations that are not currently available through cba/wbc

loans can be ppor or investment up to 2 million per security and interest only up to 15 years.
Reading through policy I read

"Loans must be Principal and Interest (not Interest Only) to have LMI waived
The maximum loan amount available is $2 million (per security)
Where there are multiple securities, loan amount must be less than $2 million against each security property to be eligible for the waiver with individual LVR per loan not exceeding 90%.
Once the system assessment has been completed the 'Customer Category' must be '1, 2 or 3' to be considered for LMI waiver"

The P&I with no IO, after the loan has funded I don't believe there would be much in place that would stop the change to IO.

I believe the PPOR maybe a 'credit myth', all the LMI waivers have to done by credit decisioning so would be interesting.

I'll shoot an email off to someone and get back to you with the right answer :)

Back