Had anyone read "Sold For Top Dollar"?

Looking at good resources and Sold for Top Dollar by Cheryl Youngson looks like it has some good info.
Has anyone read it? Thoughts?
I have not read this but I have sold an investment property for "top dollar", setting a price record for a 2x1 in the area and pushing into 3x1 territory in terms of price. I sold my unit empty.

I would be careful about "Home Staging". You need to pick your market. In Perth, houses in some areas are more difficult to sell "staged" and actually sell better empty. This will depend on your market, so talk to some local real estate agents and find out if your type of property, in the area, at the time would benefit from staging.

Also, you need to manage your rental furniture company very carefully. My parents sold a house in Melbourne and signed up for $7k of renatal furniture to "stage" the house. The rep from the company came out with all sorts of glossy brochures, promising the world but when it came to deliver the furniture, they were "out" of what my parents wanted and delivered a lot of low end furntiture and not enough. But my parents are not people who make a "fuss", so they just put up with it.

In terms of getting more at a sale through cosmetic renovations, that is absolutely true. It could be a resource for ideas. In terms of staging, I would say "be careful" and do your market research.

Have you seen "selling houses australia"? I have watched every episode and love it!

Thanks for our thoughts.

I haven't seen it. Will definitely ckeck it out! What channel? Or it it Foxtel?

I have not read this but I have sold an investment property for "top dollar", setting a price record for a 2x1 in the area and pushing into 3x1 territory in terms of price. I sold my unit empty.

I would be careful about "Home Staging". You need to pick your market. In Perth, houses in some areas are more difficult to sell "staged" and actually sell better empty. This will depend on your market, so talk to some local real estate agents and find out if your type of property, in the area, at the time would benefit from staging.

Also, you need to manage your rental furniture company very carefully. My parents sold a house in Melbourne and signed up for $7k of renatal furniture to "stage" the house. The rep from the company came out with all sorts of glossy brochures, promising the world but when it came to deliver the furniture, they were "out" of what my parents wanted and delivered a lot of low end furntiture and not enough. But my parents are not people who make a "fuss", so they just put up with it.

In terms of getting more at a sale through cosmetic renovations, that is absolutely true. It could be a resource for ideas. In terms of staging, I would say "be careful" and do your market research.

Have you seen "selling houses australia"? I have watched every episode and love it!

Selling Houses Australia is on Foxtel, though they do sometimes show the older episodes on the channel 9 stations (i.e. 9, go, gem)

Back