Hamilton Brisbane

I have always been a big fan of Hamilton in Brisbane. There is all this big talk about the urban renewal of Hamilton by the city council. Apparently, it is going to be bigger than South Bank.

What are the implications of this urban renewal project on purchasing a house in Hamilton? Do you guys think that with the influx of units and apartments in the area might affect growth?

What about owning and holding on to older units, what are the implications of the influx of the proposed apartment complexes in Hamilton?

Rents are a bit lower for Hamilton units then you would think when comparing to other areas and this is a supply issue.

House buyers and unit buyers tend to be a different market in the area though.

I understand the buyers are different market; the units are around late 3s and early 4s, while older houses are late 5s and early 6s for those requiring work.

My theory is that the older unit market will be sideways, as the younger demographics, who would normally purchase these will look at buyer the newer nicer ones.

The older houses will move up in my opinion, as these redevelopment will bring more cafes and entertainment to the area.

Do you agree with my understanding of it?

Back