Hardiplank/ cladding / weatherboard ?

The old additions to the exterior of my IP are in desperate need of cladding/ replacing. I'm looking for simular profile to the existing boards on the rest of the house. Is Hardiplank cement boards the best way to go? Are there any good cheaper alternatives ? Around $26. For a 4.2 metre board. ( Bunnings ) Can I do any better than that? Are there sheets available?

Yes they are timber but the parts I want to replace are little extensions and part walls. On the front of the house I will match what's there. But down the side I'll use budget stuff. So looking for the cheapo stuff.

Hi Dylan,
the cement sheet linea weather boards are a great product, but a little expensive. You can usually get timber weatherboards from $3.50 - $4 a metre from timber yards. It's the cheaper option, but if you want to fit the boards and pretty much never have to worry about them again, it might be worth the extra coin for the linea boards..
Or if you really want to save some money, you can buy unprimed boards on ebay for around $1.90 a metre.

have fun, Matt

Back