Has any one dealt with Australian First Mortgage?

Recently, I am considering to refinance and my broker offered me AFM product at variable 5.9% with title insurance $200 and everything else such as application fee all nil.

My question is has any one here had experience with them and their product? Thanks:)

Recently, I am considering to refinance and my broker offered me AFM product at variable 5.9% with title insurance $200 and everything else such as application fee all nil.

My question is has any one here had experience with them and their product? Thanks:)

likely Advantedge product, backed by NAB

Its ok aslong as u dont need offset

AFM is one of my preferred mortgage managers

ta
rolf

Good points in relation to offset acc. Thanks for sharing your experience Rolf and Aaron. My broker told me offset is esstencially the same as the redraw facilities if the fund is used for investment. Is there a different tax implications between the two? I felt not the same some how from the vogue recollection of the tax office reading.

What do you think?

Good points in relation to offset acc. Thanks for sharing your experience Rolf and Aaron. My broker told me offset is esstencially the same as the redraw facilities if the fund is used for investment. Is there a different tax implications between the two? I felt not the same some how from the vogue recollection of the tax office reading.

Well it's not the same at all for tax purposes.

However, if you have another loan that has an offset account you could put extra money into that one rather than rely on the AFM one.

I have a loan with AFM and I've had no real issues. The only pain is that when you change your address you have to provide them with a signed statement. On the upside, assessment and production of paperwork are pretty quick.

There's a substantial difference between offset accounts and redraw in their treatment for deductable and non deductable loans. The difference may be academic depending on your circumstances or it may be critical.

There's also been a lot of threads in the property finance section about this topic.

What do you think?

new broker perhaps

ta
rolf

Friggin hell!

Technically correct, no? If the redrawn funds are used for income-producing activities, then the deductability of the interest shouldn't be in question. And the interest impact on the outstanding balance is the same for offset and redraw.

(Having said that, I KNOW the difference and wouldn't choose redraw! ;))

Technically correct, no? If the redrawn funds are used for income-producing activities, then the deductability of the interest shouldn't be in question. And the interest impact on the outstanding balance is the same for offset and redraw.

(Having said that, I KNOW the difference and wouldn't choose redraw! ;))

sure............ but thats like saying,dont need a seatbelt, coz 999.9 % of the time you wont crash.

Its not the known bits that gets us into trouble, its where we think we are fine under our DEFINED conditions and the conds change .........

ta
rolf

AFM are very good, in terms of service and policies etc at approval. I havent had direct experience of having a loan with them.

Michael that covers about 94% of the Broking industry.

If you are looking at Advantedge why not look at Fastlend / Choice Lend / Plan Lend etc and get them to cover the Title Insurance.

Only $250 Settlement fee post Oct 1 and thats it.

Back