Has anyone noticed Gladstone?

There is a lot of "noise" about Gladstone recently. I read this article in the Sydney Morning Herald the other day which is available online here...

http://www.smh.com.au/business/santos-partners-to-invest-16b-in-queensland-20110113-19px0.html

I am jumping on the bandwagon in my own small way because I don't have enough equity in the property that I have bought...yet. I am just about to build on it so hopefully that will improve over the short term and i will be able to take advantage of the huge growth potential in Gladstone over the next 5 to 10 years.

I'l be interested to see what others think or look into via the link below.

I'm a newbie on the forum so to reiterate what I have read about the forum,
CAVEAT EMPTOR and always do your own research and due diligence.

I'm off to work now to keep Mr Bank happy but will check in later for feedback.

Cheers;)
http://www.ozpropertyinvest.com/gls/2048.html

Last edited:
growth in itself means nothing if demand is satiated. if there is big demand and an inability to supply then you are on a winner. I'm not sure about Gladstone but i wouldn't have thought it was a particularly hard market to operate in e.g. cyclonic, trade shortages, englobo land availability etc?

so a bloke signs up on s/s and then starts ramoping about gladstone..

sounds very suspect to me...

perhaps if he/she took the time to search for 30 seconds they would find its been flogged to death.

there are many positives about happy rocks and there is also many negatives about the area currently...

ive lived and worked in the place off and obn for 30 years so i can vouch whats b/s and what isnt....

and this initial post is all about ramping a town thats been ramped to death..

Last edited:
If there is such a shortage of stock and rentals why is there 528 houses for sale and 134 houses for rent on real estate.com?.

Magic Bullet are you involved in selling property in Gladstone?

If there is such a shortage of stock and rentals why is there 528 houses for sale and 134 houses for rent on real estate.com?.

134 houses for rent represents about a 0.6% vacancy rate for Gladstone.

My rentals there are jumping $50 a week for each lease renewal. A new tenant only took my 3 days to find just last week.

Rents are flying at the moment, however there is still too much stock for sale for a relative rise in prices. About a 10% increase over the last 6 months is my guess.

I am in favour of Magic Bullet taking her spruiking elsewhere though. Gladstone has been done to death by spruikers like yourself blowing in and then drifting away after minimal bites.

Cheers

Rooster

Is this where you play one-upmanship :confused:

From your linked website:

"Population is expected to rise from 50,000 to 90,000 within the next few years......"

What a load of trot! I'll give you my whole portfolio if that ever materialised.

Gladstone's population isn't even currently close to 50000 people. And your saying 40000 new people are going to move to town in 3 years?

Where are they going to live?

Damn sure there isn't enough houses to go around.

A little truth in your marketing wouldn't go astray.

Cheers

Rooster

while i think Magic Bullet's motives may be somewhat jaded i do think gladstone is on the boom for sure.

the number of houses or units u would actually buy for investment that r on the market are extremely limited, also agents i have noticed leave properties on net well after they have sold or at least under contract.

as for rentals there is basically no vacancies at all, this is a massive change from 2 years ago when it must have approached 8-10% when rio tinto dumped so many properties in one go and the rental market was grossly over supplied

From your linked website:

"Population is expected to rise from 50,000 to 90,000 within the next few years......"

What a load of trot! I'll give you my whole portfolio if that ever materialised.

Gladstone's population isn't even currently close to 50000 people. And your saying 40000 new people are going to move to town in 3 years?

Where are they going to live?

Damn sure there isn't enough houses to go around.

A little truth in your marketing wouldn't go astray.

Cheers

Rooster

"A pessimist is somebody who complains about the noise when opportunity knocks."
— Oscar Wilde

Magic Bullet - if you answer this question then people on the forum will know you are fair dinkum or not. So far you have avoided this question. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt until I know all facts.

We are very interested in Gladstone aswell. We are thinking of flying up there and spending a few days in the town to get a feel for what is going on. There is definately some big stuff going on up there and the entry levels for houses seems affordable (depends what you can get I guess).

Magic Bullet - if you answer this question then people on the forum will know you are fair dinkum or not. So far you have avoided this question. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt until I know all facts.

We are very interested in Gladstone aswell. We are thinking of flying up there and spending a few days in the town to get a feel for what is going on. There is definately some big stuff going on up there and the entry levels for houses seems affordable (depends what you can get I guess).

Thanks charlieandkath for a really sincere comment and question. Most of the other comments and posts seem to be from people who, while pointing a finger, have three fingers pointing back at them.

If you read my original post with the link below it, I make it very clear that I am NOT buying or selling in Gladstone, I wish... I can't afford it at the moment. I do however think that there are obvious opportunities for obvious reasons ie the huge investment in the area from business and government and I was interested in others' feedback.

I openly say "I am jumping on the bandwagon in my own small way" which is by way of affiliate marketing but I also say "CAVEAT EMPTOR and always do your own research and due diligence."

Now I have noticed that other people on this forum will openly divulge their
professional signage, titles or websites and thought that this was okay. In fact it seems most are here to make money out of property so what is it that I'm not getting?

Cheers;)

Thanks charlieandkath for a really sincere comment and question. Most of the other comments and posts seem to be from people who, while pointing a finger, have three fingers pointing back at them.

If you read my original post with the link below it, I make it very clear that I am NOT buying or selling in Gladstone, I wish... I can't afford it at the moment. I do however think that there are obvious opportunities for obvious reasons ie the huge investment in the area from business and government and I was interested in others' feedback.

I openly say "I am jumping on the bandwagon in my own small way" which is by way of affiliate marketing but I also say "CAVEAT EMPTOR and always do your own research and due diligence."

Now I have noticed that other people on this forum will openly divulge their
professional signage, titles or websites and thought that this was okay. In fact it seems most are here to make money out of property so what is it that I'm not getting?

Cheers;)

The beef most people, including myself, have got is that your not contributing a thing.

You're just trying to drive people to a site in order to get a few clicks for yourself and a few bucks in your pocket.

How about you drop the link and go into a bit more depth regarding your thoughts on Gladstone?

Rooster

My rentals there are jumping $50 a week for each lease renewal. A new tenant only took my 3 days to find just last week.

Every time you post a reply Rooster, you reveal more about yourself than your attempt to expose my (supposed) nefarious motives.

As I said in my original post, I am interested in what others think. I am forming an opinion based on that and my own research which is in process. I'm afraid you're not contributing much at all to that...

Enough! Try something constructive yourself.

Cheers;)

Magic Bullet, I think I know why you have had a hostile response and because I am pretty new (been lurking for a few years and have just recently got my confidence to post) on this forum also I can probably just tell you a few things. Only take note of this point if you want to though.

The point is that it is not looked upon very favourably if you are a brand new poster and you are trying to sell something at the same time. However if you contribute by trying to help others out about stuff you may know or join in a few coffee lounge threads then after a while it is then OK to put your web address etc on the bottom of your posts.

Hope this helps out.

We by the way are very interested in Gladstone and will probably ring your office one day soon to see if you can help us out.

All the best, Charlie.

If you read my original post with the link below it, I make it very clear that I am NOT buying or selling in Gladstone, I wish... I can't afford it at the moment.

So, please feel free to stop me along the way, as maybe I am mistaken:

1) http://www.ozpropertyinvest.com - This is the website that you linked to. I believe that this is owned by you (which I think that you mentioned).

2) The website is owned by "Isis Digital Technology"

3) Isis Digi Tech has bank details listed in Byron Bay, the same as your location, according to your Somersoft profile. No crime here either.

4) Isis Digital Tech also trades as "Wealth With Property".

5) According to an ABN lookup, Tony Born is the owner of Isis Digital Tech.

6) According to LinkedIn, Tony Born is a buyers agent and mortgage broker. His website is listed as wealthwithproperty.net.

7) Wealthwithproperty.net just so happens to sell Gladstone CF+ property. It also happens that this website links back the original site mentioned in #1.

8) Just to be sure, I looked at your youtube channel mentioned on your website in #6, which even mentions: http://www.wealthwithproperty.net - 4 Bdm House & Land Packages best Gladstone Real Estate. For full details call me now! 07 3103 XXXX.

Thank you for using the internet :D

The same Tony Born who posts under tonywwp and runs " Wealth with Property" and has previously spruiked his business here???

I give up....

Rooster

Back