Have dropped rent by $35... ouch!

Feel the pain
IP1 in Perth was $450 last year, dropped to $400 to get tenanted. Now vacant again asking $380 ATM.
IP2 in Perth been getting $450 for last 3 years. Now vacant with $400 listed with maybe a tenant.
Lucky rates are low.
Both ex tenents built new homes.

Perth rents are soft too.... last week dropped rent $25/w, still no interest..current tenant moves out end of the month.

It's been 3 weeks now, I'm asking $300 pw.

I just dropped it to $290 pw.

2 years ago I was getting $340 pw.

If I don't get anyone in by the end of the week I'll do what I did last time and offer 1 weeks free rent. It worked a treat last time... Got someone in quick smart!

Good news is the mortgage on it is only around $750-800 per month approx $200 pw

I just dropped another $20 on the advice of an agent who has agreed to take me on as a casual list. She says she has higher end properties having dropped $120 per week and others like mine, mid-range rentals renting for $40 and more less than two years ago.

She said finding tenants is not easy right now. I wonder if that is to do with rates being low enough for renters to buy?

I just dropped another $20 on the advice of an agent who has agreed to take me on as a casual list. She says she has higher end properties having dropped $120 per week and others like mine, mid-range rentals renting for $40 and more less than two years ago.

She said finding tenants is not easy right now. I wonder if that is to do with rates being low enough for renters to buy?

Nah it is all those greedy landlords right..... :p

in Mandurah I was getting 370 last year, had to drop it to 300 to get rid of it. came up for renewal so I sacked the PM, advertised it myself for 390 and let it this morning to a really nice asset backed young couple (they want to lease their own home to reduce their tax). So I am up $90... happy with that.

I had something similar...

Kogarah Sydney 2219

Aiming for $560. Signed lease for $515.

Bad luck was an entire brand new complex went for lease same day as ours. Mine is only 6 months old but the others were brand new... Not sure what rent was obtained in the brand new units but I know mine was dropped quite a bit

According to wiki

2011, Dysart had a median rent of $1,200 a week for a house, making it the most expensive in Queensland.[3] In 2012, the median house price in the town was $475,000.[4] The closure of the Norwich Park Mine was expected to bring property prices down.[5] In 2015, rental price for a three-bedroom home in Dysart starts at $150 a week.

Ouchy!!!! 1200 to 150

I guess spruikers for involved

With a population of 3000. That's insane

According to wiki

2011, Dysart had a median rent of $1,200 a week for a house, making it the most expensive in Queensland.[3] In 2012, the median house price in the town was $475,000.[4] The closure of the Norwich Park Mine was expected to bring property prices down.[5] In 2015, rental price for a three-bedroom home in Dysart starts at $150 a week.

Ouchy!!!! 1200 to 150

I guess spruikers for involved

With a population of 3000. That's insane

$130 a week now, and even then there is a whiff of optimism at that price.

That property in Dysart reportedly last sold for $4,250 in 2002, so not like the vendor is making a loss :eek:

Went for a drive past that property last week,still looks rentable but the town seems a bit low numbers on renters, I never did a title search so thanks for the numbers,,,or as Bob-Marley once said,,
Some feel the rain , Others just get wet..

Back