• Yes

Votes: 121 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I've been to NZ

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
67 countries so far, try to visit new countries every year though some deserve multiple trips (e.g. Nepal, Morocco, Spain, Brazil).
Most obscure probably Sudan last year, interesting place with some great diving, no beer though.

Japan, New Caledonia, Malaysia, Fiji, New Zealand, Singapore and most recently Taiwan.

The Taiwan trip saw me down south in Kaohsuing County, travelling up the Nantse valley that was devastated by Typhoon Morakot last year (the typhoon dumped over 2000mm - yes you read it right - in onenight). We drove through (over?) the remains of Hsiao Lin village where 600 people were wiped out. These photos from further upstream at Sanmin/Namaxia district - buildings buried up to their roofs in rock and mud - people in them had no chance....

I thought it'd be interesting to try an adventure this Christmas - so will attempt to get to England this Saturday....

The Y-man

Attachments

• DSC04793.jpg
    DSC04793.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC04818.jpg
    DSC04818.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 54
War zones and flying on dinky little propeller planes aren't usually my cup of tea, but the most obscure place I've been to is Aitutaki in the Cook Islands.

I've been to Hawaii and the mainland US, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, Bora Bora, Raratonga, Noumea, Fiji, I think that's about it.

My wish list: I must, must go to Italy (and I want to see the rest of Europe, but Italy's on the top of my list). I have been dreaming of going there for many years and have finally saved up enough money and was going to go over winter our next year, however have just been invited to two weddings in Fiji during this time. So guess i'll have to wait another year :(

The other place I really want to go is New Zealand. I can't believe it's so close and I've never been there. One day.

Travelled or visited around 60 countries so far. Some have been back to a dozen or more times than I can remember. Favorite places so far are: Antarctic (Expedition), North Korea (Nampo, Pyongyang, Sinuju and DMZ), Cuba (Best Japanese garden in the world and amazing old cars), Caye Caulker (after the Hurricane and swam with the sharks in the spit). Have done most of the Americas especially Central America just can't get enough of old ruins and pyramids. Still find enough time thou to travel around oz and will be off to Bathurst Island and Arnhem land next year to chat with traditional health healers.

I'm obsessed with travelling! My wife and I backpacked overland from Kenya to South Africa, from Albania to Estonia and all around SE Asia. At last count we had visited 50+ countries - most memorable so far is Malawi for the people and Cook Islands because it's where we tied the knot....awwww..... :)

Haven't done any big trips in a while. Lived in a few countries, visited a few. Top of head
USA, Canada, Finland, Morocco, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, UK, Ireland, Hong Kong, Macau, China, Mexico, Singapore, France, Germany, Norway, Estonia, Spain, NZ, Austria, Poland,

I lived in Poland, Germany, US, NZ and UK (in that order :D ) Going over to the US again in a week - for a holiday this time.
I'd love to explore a few more non-English speaking nations however...South America next on the agenda methinks...

I'm feeling a little inadequate here. I've only been to the USA. We've never had the funds to travel as it all went to pay for sport. Having Lil leave home, older sister quit, me forced to quit, just now leaves Hubby. We might actually finally be able to get out and see some of this world.

In saying that though, we have travelled Australia extensively. Only really the top end left to see.

Travel is a commodity these days. Its used to be something special. You get granny's 'doing Nepal' now. LOL

Anyway, i used to travel a lot. My first proper trip OS was backpacking Europe for 6 months in 1990. I dont include 1 week in NZ in 1986 proper travelling. ;)

I've been to USA x 3, Italy x 2 (married in Italy), Thailand, Mexico, Morocco, Spain, France, All over UK, New Zealand skiing x 2, Bali (in no hurry to return), Holland, Greece...maybe a couple more i cant remember.

Been to every state capital in Aus except Darwin. Will get there soon.

Just got back from 2 months O/S actually! Well timed thread.

Sailed around croatian coastline for a week,Bosnia, travelled through Italy on a train, did Spain, Netherlands, South of France and of course London to visit my heavily pregnant sister.

Already planning the next holiday to Sardinia in Italy and somewhere in Greece (suggestions anyone??)

I have been to - Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Dubai, Morocco, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, England, Russia, Thailand, New Zealand.. Think that's it for now. Travelling is amazing fun :)

I'm feeling a little inadequate here. I've only been to the USA.

It's not a comp Skater, so don't feel bad.

FWIW; I find travelling OS a large pain now. It's getting very hard due to the airline situations with volumes of travellers, post-911 paranoia, overbooked flights, delays and so forth. :(

There are a million places in Aus to see first, and it is easier to get around - most times.

I have been to UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Serbia, Czech, Italy, Hungary, Luxembourg, Monaco, Israel, Egypt, India, Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bali (I call it Bali, coz it's not really Indonesia), Japan and probably one or two others.

I am going to NZ for the first time in May!

Haven't been OS since I started breeding 6 years ago, and I'm missing it.

Our holidays since breeding are more subdued. We've done the Gold Coast thing every year, and we have a van in Central Vic that we have holidays in, as well as the odd trip here and there. In Australia I am yet to do the top end or the west, although hoping to get to perth next year.

Back