• Yes

Votes: 121 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I've been to NZ

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Inspite of the comment from the poster questioning our having or not having been out of the country, we really are a well travelled mob.....

Like many of you, when the travel bug hit me it hit bad. I love seeing news places but I also like to revisit just to reinforce the inital image that I have been carrying around in my mind.
We have seen quite a bit of Australia on a number of 4wd trips and yes, we do live in a spectacular country.
First overseas trip was indeed to New Zealand as a student on an educational tour where we had to stay at and be billeted from Wellington Teachers College for a week to qualify for the "educational" bit. Did the North Island then but have been back several times to see the South.
Since then - USA (Los Angeles, San Diego, stepped across to and back from Tijuana Mexico, Las Vegas, Mineral on Lake Anna, Virginia, Colonial Williamsburgh, Seattle (loved it), Hawaii x3 (Oct this year on a cruise).
Canada (Nova Scotia on an Atlantic Martimes tour inc Prince Edward island).
UK x3 England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland.
France - Paris x 3, Normandy, Champange.
Malaysia - KL, Singapore. Vanuatu.
Where next, don't care at all .... anywhere newwill suit me fine.

Frizzle :)

Or she could do a solitary trip to the UK and Europe and end up with an impressive list of countries as long as her arm.

3 weeks on as bus would do it .

LOL - I think Skater is a bit passed the Contiki type demographic no?

Nothing would annoy me more than the American tourist with their white trainers, knee high shorts, ugly T-shirt, bumbag (fannypack as they call them) around the waist, racing headlong around a city with a map and a list, ticking off as many "things to see" as quickly as they could.

Why not see fewer churches and museums and stop to experience the place a little?

tongue in cheek.jpg

---------------------

Love travelling. Live for it... and all sorts too. A 5 star Mediterranean cruise 4 months ago, tomorrow we are going camping in our caravan with no power and limited bathroom facilities for a week!

We have lived in New Zealand, Vanuatu, Scotland and England. We traveled Scotland extensively. Other countries visited are Fiji, New Caledonia, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Kenya, Spain, France, Amsterdam, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland (top 3 fave), Italy, Greece, Greek Isles, Turkey, Hong Kong, USA, Mexico and Jamaica mon. :D

Personal highlights were ALL of Africa, Wengen and Interlaken in Switzerland, and climbing Mt Vesuvius with my kids.

Another travelbug here.. I've spent most of my 20s abroad and still keen go again. Some of the highlights have been surfing in California, Baja and Indonesia, snowboarding in Canada, working and living in Cyprus.. adventures in Eastern Europe, South America, Thailand..

I don't like to think how many ips I'd have if I hadn't travelled, but wouldn't trade those memories for the world.

I've been to bali 5 times, Malaysia once and New Zealand 3 times. Heading to Vegas early 2011 to look for property then on to London to live for a couple of years in April/May, stopping off in Malaysia, India, Egypt and Italy on the way :):):)

Cant wait!

Why not see fewer churches and museums and stop to experience the place a little?

Because sometimes time is limited. I saw Europe on one of those three week Insight bus tours and don't regret it. Yes, it was exhausting and reasonably rushed, but I saw a HUGE amount of stuff in that short time. I had three weeks, so would have preferred to have seen a little bit of a lot, than a lot of a little bit. It's given me a taste of the countries I want to go back and do thoroughly and the ones I'm in no hurry to go back to.

Although I must admit I have no idea how old people do them. I was 22 at the time and was at least half the age of most people on the tour and I was stuffed by the end of it. We went at a very tragic time in history (2 days after the New York attacks) so our tour group was much smaller than usual as the Americans were unable to leave the country, so our tour was small and intimate so that probably made it a bit nicer for us also (in a terrible way).

It's not a comp Skater, so don't feel bad.

FWIW; I find travelling OS a large pain now. It's getting very hard due to the airline situations with volumes of travellers, post-911 paranoia, overbooked flights, delays and so forth. :(

There are a million places in Aus to see first, and it is easier to get around - most times.

No I do believe Skater is right.
Shame on you (and me). Go on more memorable holidays !

Travel is the spice of life... My only regret is how little travel I have done. :(

Only been to: Indonesia, East Timor, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Borneo, Thailand, Japan, France, Belgium, UK, Canada & USA.

Highlights: Trekking in the Golden Triangle, Climbing Mt Kinabalu, Helping an orphanage in East Timor, & doing the Trans-Atlantic "Titanic" route voyage.

Life is too short not to experience the world as it helps you grow as an individual and gives a better appreciation for what we have in Australia.

Those too busy to travel and enjoy life have an express ticket to their final destination... IMHO. ;)

Plenty of wonderful people in the world

Just thinking of another aspect of what makes travelling abroad so enjoyable and that is the wonderful people that you meet. Majority of times, people seem quite happy to chat and share, even if at times you are the one initiating the conversation. I have always thought that people are fascinating - everyone has a story of their own to tell.

Frizzle :)

Those too busy to travel and enjoy life have an express ticket to their final destination... IMHO. ;)

Some actually have no interest in it though. In my family, my mother and I are the only ones who have any desire to travel overseas. The others wouldn't go if you paid for them to go. My trips to date have been "rushed" ones, but I'm still in the early stages of investing so it's about a financial balance for me. When money becomes no object, bring it on!

No I do believe Skater is right.
Shame on you (and me). Go on more memorable holidays !

We do, we do! :D

Just having a break from overseas trips for a while.

Our next trip will be an oldie-worldie cabin near Bright in the 3rd week of Jan for 4 days.

A bit of back to nature...but with a few creature comforts. ;)

You mean a budget holiday. ;)

We do, we do! :D

Just having a break from overseas trips for a while.

Our next trip will be an oldie-worldie cabin near Bright in the 3rd week of Jan for 4 days.

A bit of back to nature...but with a few creature comforts. ;)

Lived in Europe for the last 10 years in cities such as London,Newquay,Edinburgh,Galway and the last 7 in Moscow..

I've visited about 30 countries including 2 weeks in Germany, 3 weeks in Morocco,3 weeks in Ukraine and a week in Belarus..Addicted to travelling and love living in Europe as everywhere is so close...

Highlights- Turkey,Samoa,Italy,Bavaria and off the beaten track in Russia..

Going to Egypt for the 2nd time next week for the new years holidays...Looking forward to some Sun..

It's not a comp Skater, so don't feel bad.

There are a million places in Aus to see first, and it is easier to get around - most times.

Yeah, we've seen most of Australia, several times now. I guess it all comes down to time and money. When we were younger, we just didn't have the money to be able to travel.

As we've gotten older, we've got more $$, but still don't have a lot of time. Because sport has always played a major role, most of our money (outside investments) has been funnelled into that, and holidays are usually tacked onto the end of our National Championships, as we really don't have the time to holiday at other times during the year.

This year we did the middle of Aust. Hubby had been there before, but I hadn't, although I believe I've seen every skating rink the country has to offer.:rolleyes:

Even now, with only Hubby still skating, our available time has been spent on visiting Lil in Victoria. We have to keep holiday time available for both Nationals and Oceanias, and after the compulsory company leave co-inciding with public holidays & Chrissy, it really does leave us with little time to go anywhere else.:(

Or she could do a solitary trip to the UK and Europe and end up with an impressive list of countries as long as her arm.

3 weeks on as bus would do it :D.

Haha, Hubby would probably hate a whirlwind tour, but that is the kind of thing I would probably go for, except not on a bus with a whole lot of others. I'd prefer to hire a car, or even buy a cheapie and drive through as much as possible seeing everything along the way. Problem is I'd want more than three weeks to do it. We've talked about doing similar in the US at some stage. Maybe staying six months, buying a crappy car and just travelling and selling the car at the end.

Lived in every state and territory except WA.

Lived in Australia, Malaysia, East Timor and United Kingdom.

Been across much of Europe, Kenya, UK, Singa's NZ, USA, Hong Kong, Thailand to name a few.

Most unusual...probably Ascension Island and Falkland Islands. Falklands are an amazing place.

Murphy

Back