Hear Steve McKnight - April Affluencia meeting

This womens only stuff, is only empowering the presenters. They are cashing in big time on this lurk. I think it started with Wildly Wealthy Women. Now I notice that a lot of presenters seem to be running womens only seminars.

as a woman, i don't get these "women only things".

imagine how fast the screams would go up if there were men only seminars, men only gyms, men only clubs (oh thats right, there were men only clubs but the women kicked up a storm and invaded them).

the only way for the sexes to feel equal is not to be intimated by the other - this only comes about by networking, respect and mingling in all facets of life. i personally find i learn a lot more from male mentors because they don't let the emotions get in the way, in the manner that women can.

maybe i'm an odd one out ... love to hear your story, wendy.

Hi Geoff,

I have participated in other posts, you just may not have seen (or been interested in) them.

The Women Investing in property events are free events for ladies to attend, network, share stories and learn. Speakers on various topics are sourced and a great deal of knowledge is exchanged at these events.

It may not suit you that I channel my energy into organising these events to educate and empower women, rather than surf a forum, but that is how I have chosen to help others. The events are very popular and the feedback has been extremely positive. If posting about an event on this forum inpires just one lady to take action towards achieving financial freedom, then that makes it all worthwhile.

Thanks for your feedback. Have a great day.
Wendy

Wendy, Id love to meet you in real life. Im sure I could learn a lot from you.

Although I would never rely soley on somersoft for gathering information, I do value the information I find here more highly than information I find elsewhere because it comes from people who don't have a vested interest in converting you to 'their way'. It's a genuine community of like minded people who want to share an encourage each other, not to make money from each other. So I appreciate the way the forum actively discourages spammers and encourages stories from do-ers.

As for investors groups for women, I can understand that some women might find that sort of environment less confronting, initially, especially if they're unlucky enough to have come from a background of men telling them they're not capable of achieveing anything. Not my kettle of fish, but I can understand it...

as an aside, why did you sell the properties that you had made so 200K profit on in 14 months? to finance other projects? what is your approach to investing? if not buy and hold? we love hearing things like this, and comparing different people's strategies :)

Great to hear from everybody

I'll answer what I can.

Jaffasoft - we source both male and female speakers as everyone brings something of interest to the table.

Lizzie - my story, as to why I established the group, is on my website. You'll also see other property events in the calendar all over Australia where people can mix and learn. I agree that you can gain a great deal from all kinds of forums.

XBenX - sure, let me know when you are next in Melbourne.

Luce.rocks - I sold to take my profits, still offer a good return to the next investor, and to utilse the money in other property ventures that we have on the go (we are purchasing 2 others houses and a commercial shop right now).

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Wendy

Spamming aside, I have a question ...

Why is it that a woman can hold a "women only" seminar and it be "empowering", but if a man holds a "men only" seminar its "discriminatory"?

Do you literally forbid men from attending?

Jamie.

Last edited:
Hi Jamie,

By all means, organise any meeting you like. More power to you. It is great when people get out there and provide forums for others to network and learn.

If you need any ideas for topics or contacts for speakers, just let me know.

Good luck with it.
Wendy

Hi Jamie,

By all means, organise any meeting you like. More power to you. It is great when people get out there and provide forums for others to network and learn.

If you need any ideas for topics or contacts for speakers, just let me know.

Good luck with it.
Wendy
Thanks for such effusive encouragement - much appreciated. But you didnt answer my question:

Do you literally forbid men from attending?

Thanks,

Jamie.

Hi Jamie,

To date people have respected the spirit of the meetings so there has not been a need to "forbid" men from attending.

Wendy

Hi Jamie,

To date people have respected the spirit of the meetings so there has not been a need to "forbid" men from attending.

Wendy

Because they haven't turned up or because those that have haven't been too manly?

Should they turn up or exude too much testosterone will they be shown the door and necessitate a change in policy?

Hi Jamie,

Wendy
Hi Wendy,

Im not very bright, so Im not sure I understand your post.

Im sure with your investment intellect, niche market nuance and syntactic savvy, you can come up with a simple Yes or No answer.

Are men welcome at your meetings?

Many thanks,

Jamie.

Hi Jamie,

That still doesn't answer Jamie's question. :)

Scenario: A male calls you on the phone interested a women-only seminar asking when it is on and if he could have a ticket, (not knowing it is women-only). What do you say?

Hi Wendy,

Im not very bright, so Im not sure I understand your post.

Im sure with your investment intellect, niche market nuance and syntactic savvy, you can come up with a simple Yes or No answer.

Are men welcome at your meetings?

Many thanks,

Jamie.

Poor Jamie. Man goes straight to the point and methodical. :)

Men are obviously not welcome in this women's group. So far they have been 'respected', in other words if you attend then you are 'disrespecting' a women's business. I can imagine that the ambience would not be the same. There would be awkward situations such as having women's jokes about men and the occasional mutual admiration or empathy.

F

Last edited:
Back