heater for a small room.. what do you recommend?

My son is starting to sleep in his own room now, but it can get very cold during the night. I would like to install something that is safe for the kids, does not take up much space, has got a thermostat, and quiet.

The intention is to have the heater only in this room and it's meant to heat the room only, obviously. It's around 7sqm.

I've read about the Noirot or Nobo. Any suggestions about these systems or others?

We have a Noirot that we use to heat up the kids rooms.

It's very good - nice and quiet. They're not cheap - but worth it in the long run.

Shop around. You'll be able to get a good deal online. Just work out exactly which one you're after and then get to googling.

Cheers

Jamie

Same situation here, kid was moved into his own room and we decided to buy the Noirot. Althought expensive, it is well worth it....heats up fairly quickly, safe to touch (not burning hot to touch), nice heat (not like the dry heat you get from air-cond) without the fans which should be avoided for dusts etc..

thanks, can you let me know what model you got? I was browsing through the website and there's one called "evolution". I can't seem to find the difference between the evolution and the "Noirot Spot Plus Timer", which is the one I've shortlisted.

I got the Spot Plus. I think its cheaper too.
If you buy it from a phyiscal store, I believe the majority only stocks the Spot Plus. I didn't see any Evolution range when I did my purchase. I think reason is because they are quiet expensive and hence Australia does not stock the entire range due to their limited demand????

I have also read that the timer sometimes does play up and hence I opted for one without timer (also cheaper). But I can see why sometimes its nice to set it to timer...but I believe the heater switches itself off based on the thermostat.

We had the same issue when our first born was a baby. We used one of those little electric panel heaters for a short time and then we installed central heating.

thanks, can you let me know what model you got? I was browsing through the website and there's one called "evolution". I can't seem to find the difference between the evolution and the "Noirot Spot Plus Timer", which is the one I've shortlisted.

I think its something to do with being wall mounted and better looking (Evolution).

Otherwise the Spot Plus does the same job.

Glad you brought this up, now Im interested in one (1000w) for my office this winter.

So far I have found the cheapest on ebay.

Seems an ok dealer.

I think its something to do with being wall mounted and better looking (Evolution).

Otherwise the Spot Plus does the same job.

Glad you brought this up, now Im interested in one (1000w) for my office this winter.

So far I have found the cheapest on ebay.

Seems an ok dealer.

hmmm not sure about the ebay one.

"Perfect condition in plastic as new with warranty"
1 year warranty only.

cheapest i've seen is $398 for the 7358-3 timer

I think Noirot has a lifetime guarantee.

From noirot website FAQ page:

plus the unique lifetime full replacement warranty

How do you make a cat go woof? Petrol and matches.

Plus it will keep your small room warm!

Conversely, how do you make your dog go meow? Freeze it then circular saw...

Not sure if that'd help with the warmth of your home though?

My son is starting to sleep in his own room now, but it can get very cold during the night. I would like to install something that is safe for the kids, does not take up much space, has got a thermostat, and quiet.

The intention is to have the heater only in this room and it's meant to heat the room only, obviously. It's around 7sqm.

I've read about the Noirot or Nobo. Any suggestions about these systems or others?

Besides a heater - we got a oil column heater - also invest in some Grobags which are great for winter and keeping babies warm.

hmmm not sure about the ebay one.

"Perfect condition in plastic as new with warranty"
1 year warranty only.

Copy of correspondence after asking about this ebay seller.

Hi xxxxx,

Yes they sell all our soiled box models for us, hence only a 12 month warranty and reduced cost.

Kind regards,

Noirot

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, 2 May 2014 7:01 AM
To: Noirot Sales
Subject: Web Enquiry

I wish to know if this seller on ebay is an official reseller of your products?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Noirot-c...9939?pt=AU_Heaters&hash=item3ce0bd7333&_uhb=1

If so, why is there only 12 months warranty?

Regards,
xxxxx xxxxxx

--
This mail is sent via contact form on Noirot Australia

Copy of correspondence after asking about this ebay seller.

Thanks for this TF, interesting.

I also had a look at this one, but was a bit dissapointed after reading this thread:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1897731

It appears that it must be drilled into the wall. I don't like that.

Went to The Good Guys today, noirot 7358-3 TIMER was $389. Not a bad price as I searched online and couldn't find anything cheaper.

This was lifetime warranty. Catch of the day is 7 years warranty, $180 cheaper including postage. I think I'm leaning towards the catch of the day one.

thanks for the link, westminster.

Back