Help! How to stay up to date with the market?(magazines? books? even ABS stats?)

Hi all,

Could everyone give some good proven tools on how to stay up to date with latest trends/movements to the property market? I am currently considering whether subscribing to magazines (eg. API-Australian Property Investor seems to be the best one) as that is the only place I can obtain the latest stats and market news etc.

Obviously another way is to engage a advisor/mentor - but has anyone has good recommendations on property advisors as there are quiet a few seems to be featuring in the magazines these days.

Any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated!

newbie :)

this day and age has such a LARGE amount of information that you can either subscribe to or find yourself. The two which powderfingers has pointed to.

I also like

Dymphna Boholt podcasts
Kaz Young - Everyday Property Investing.

Loads of others.

The world is your google (or oyster).

thanks guys. What does everyone thinks of the API (australian property investment) magazine? is it worth the subscription?

thanks guys. What does everyone thinks of the API (australian property investment) magazine? is it worth the subscription?

If you are newish and learning definitely. I still subscribe because primarily I like the vacancy rate and other stats tables in the back. You can compare to other online sources and sometimes rule out statistical anomalies or get ideas for potential locations. The stories are good if you need confidence or want to hear about peoples experiences. There are lots of ads to agencies that have websites and regular newsletters so you can quickly be sent daily market updates - just ignore the hard sell offers for $5000 courses (unless you are into that sort of thing but Im not)

Back