Help with a DA?

Can any of you help (or suggest someone who can) with presenting a successful DA?

This is the first DA I have ever tried to do myself (usually the builder does it for me) and it has come back incomplete. Most of the problems are to do with incomplete plans from the draftsman which he is fixing up but there are two points which I have to take care of and I would like to get some help to minimise the chances of it being returned to me again.

It has to do with the Statement of Environmental Effects in particular streetscape and neighbourhood character.

I am moving an aluminium clad home onto a street that has only brick buildings. However, this street only has 4 houses on it (it is a little court) and is in the middle of a DOH estate that is jam packed with other clad (and fibro) houses. It is not the prettiest neighbourhood ;)

The second point is the asbestos management. Would it be sufficiant to say that IF asbestos is found it will be managed accordingly by appropriately trained professionals?

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Yes. Quite a bit ;)

Second point first, yes. That is fine to say. It is quite common to do so.

First point, character and context is something which can be just as much to do with orientation, design, landscaping etc as it is to do with building materials themselves. Photos of the wider context are also useful.

Ok, that makes sense. In the letter they have cited car parking and front door position.

I am going to have to read the relevant parts of the DCP aren't I? Hmmmmmm, really hate those documents :D

Thanks!

Back