help with drainage problem urgent

Hi all

I am hoping some drainage guru out there will offer me a solution to this issue.

DRAINAGE.

My PPOR has a severe drainage problem out the front and underneath. It is so bad, that my son's new curtains are covered in mould after only a few months. I think the problem is that water is not draining around our split-level brick house. We are on a slope, so there is a lot of water running towards the front of the house. The water then seeps underneath, through rock, to become a nice pool under the house after lots of rain.

We are renovating this property with a view to renting it out in a couple of months, but I want this problem fixed as I see much worse problems ahead!

Any advice appreciated...

Lucky

Lucky

Had a similar problem with an IP that I recently renovated. We had not had any rain so it had not been a problem but plumber warned it may be later if we ever get any rain!!!

How he resolved it was to dig a trench right around the house and lay aggi pipe in, then cover with stones. We then incorporated this into the garden design and it works perfectly. See the photos:

Chris

Attachments

• 100_0838.jpg
    100_0838.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_0882.jpg
    100_0882.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 105
Hi all

I am hoping some drainage guru out there will offer me a solution to this issue.

DRAINAGE.

My PPOR has a severe drainage problem out the front and underneath. It is so bad, that my son's new curtains are covered in mould after only a few months. I think the problem is that water is not draining around our split-level brick house. We are on a slope, so there is a lot of water running towards the front of the house. The water then seeps underneath, through rock, to become a nice pool under the house after lots of rain.

We are renovating this property with a view to renting it out in a couple of months, but I want this problem fixed as I see much worse problems ahead!

Any advice appreciated...

Lucky
Just ring up a plumber and have him-her check the d pipes,buy the sounds of things it not set up right,if you post a plan i can give you a better idea

The agg pipe and stones would work,that would be the low-cost way,then get the plumber to run the elec-ell through the whole system..imho,willair.

Just ring up a plumber and have him-her check the d pipes,buy the sounds of things it not set up right,if you post a plan i can give you a better idea

The agg pipe and stones would work,that would be the low-cost way,then get the plumber to run the elec-ell through the whole system..imho,willair.

Hi Willair

Can I ask what elec-ell is please?:confused:

Cheers

Shane

Willair

We did all that first, cleaned out storm water pipes, put in new gutters and downpipes, made sure they were extra wide. I have had the house 20 years and not had any problems but the land slopes toward the house so the plumber was concerned that there was nothing to trap the water from going into the house if we ever do get a big downpour, hence the stones and aggi, its a precaution not a solution, I suppose. :D

We then did get a downpour which flooded the road, it turned out the drain under the road was blocked, so the Council had to come and clean it out, it did flood the front garden but none got into the house.

Chris

Back