help with special bylaw?

hi guys,

we want to install a reverse cycle air con on our ip apartment.

apparently, we need to submit a request to body corp mgt prior to a general meeting being conducted to decide our fate.

curious to know if there is a proforma form that we can use, whether we can write one up ourselves, or whether we need to instruct a solicitor to do it for us on our behalf?

would appreciate some assistance.

thanks,

julie

Hi Alpina

Having some experience in legislation, if you were required to submit in a special format it should be written into your body corp management system.

I would have thought just a conventional letter stating the facts would suffice.

Information addressing the following issues may assist: -

Unit Number
Location of Installation (What Wall/Window)
Type of unit Make/Model etc
Is it likely to be a high noise generator or annoy adjoining unitholders?
Who you expect to meet the maintenance costs - yourself or body corp?

I would not see it necessary to engage a solictor unless you felt it was too complicated or the body corp wanted such a thing.

Today if it cannot be simply understood and acccetable to both parties, it might not be worth the hassle.

I would also suggest you attend the meeting where your item might be considered, it can help the process and speed up the approval.

Hope this helps

Dave P

thanks dave,

i'll give it a go myself and see how i go :) remember the last one that went through was drafted by a solicitor so i thought i'd ask.

cheers,

julie

Back