Hemmant, Brisbane

Actualy it is on the same side of the Gateway as Bulimba

Pretty industrial part of town, lots of trucks on Lytton Rd, Violet st MAY HAVE got wet in the 74 floods, but probably not as wet as Bulimba or Newfarm.

But, close to jobs and transport.

This is over the road from that house, turn around and meet the neighbours.

Walk up a hundred metres and check things out.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...cbp=12,60.7849441974572,,0,1.2261368024733863

Queensport hotel nearby, girls put on a free show on a Friday arvo if thats your thing, followed by burnouts. (I built my last boat near here so was a bit of a regular)

Dave

You may want to check out Tingalpa and particularly Wynnum West.

I lived in W.West for several years and also have property there. It tends to be a boring solid performer - never outperforming but just growing as the water suburbs (Wynnum manly Lota) grow and people buy the next best thing. Great infrastructure in the area.

By default Hemmant should also do ok as it will be dragged along also but it does have certain industrial parts. You may be able to pick up an old house on an 809m block pretty cheaply. Wynnum North may also have a few sneaky deals to be had.

Just wanted to get people's comments on Hemmant.

It seems very cheap - houses for as little as 325k, close to the water, close to rail and just down the road from Bulimba (although on the wrong side of the Gateway).

This one looks like a winner to me:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=60958315&s=qld&snf=rbs&tm=1233814281

My sister in law has 2 rentals in Hemmant she bought in the low 100k several years ago on the industrial side near the railway station,both 3 bedrooms,been rented from day one,i reset the layout and closed in the
Under part,both are now 4-5 bedrooms rented to O-S shorterm students
from the middle east and Japan and she has bookings for the next 6 months,there has been excellent G-G, the only downsides are all the trucks,a lot of the people in that small area are on welfare and the social problems that come with the area,there was quite a large development that was going to be developed in the old caravan park site but that
has been put on hold some comm buildings on large blocks with ten
to lease signs on the front gate have been like that for up too six months,there was only 4-6 house on the main road but from what i'm told all will be demo,and strata office warehouse are being built,hard to say what C-G, but properties in that small area sell very quickly..imho
willair..

A friend of mine lived (rented) in Violet Street for a while - couldn't wait to leave there!

As Dave said, there are lots of industrial-type businesses, truck depots, lots of heavy traffic. The roads (apart from Lytton Road and a couple of other 'main' roads) are a mess - poorly designed, go under water when it rains. It's real 'Deliverance' country!!! :eek:

I would rate many properties there (in Jan Somers' scale) as a 1 out of 10. For $325K you could do much better than Hemmant, IMHO. As Bluegoose said, check out Tingalpa (for same price range) and Wynnum West (possibly a little more expensive??).

Cheers
LynnH

Back