High Yielding Shares Again

SRX has just ripped through $22.67, up 29% on yesterdays close. I think we will look back on $15 yesterday as being a missed opportunity for many (Incl. me). From my take as a non holder, SRX have managed the press badly on this and the story in coming months will improve. TC is spot on re last weeks SP being driven by price action and hope, hence the brutal dumping.

Erko would you mind sharing where you get the figures for the dividend yield? You mentioned 6.7% for WOW but google tells me it's 4.85%. What am I missing? And how do you work out what the grossed up dividend is?

Cheers

Yeah you are missing grossed up yield. Quoted numbers are net div without franking. For a fully franked (100%) div you divide yield % by 0.7 for grossed up yield. Ie. 4.85% FF is equivalent to 6.93% cash yield.

SRX has just ripped through $22.67, up 29% on yesterdays close. I think we will look back on $15 yesterday as being a missed opportunity for many (Incl. me). From my take as a non holder, SRX have managed the press badly on this and the story in coming months will improve. TC is spot on re last weeks SP being driven by price action and hope, hence the brutal dumping.

This is an excellent summery of what's happened with Sirtex.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/bus...l-has-been-buying-sirtex-20150318-1m1t5g.html

It's an interesting story. And Peter Hall buying all those years ago was the catalyst that started me to buy some.

See ya's.

My purchases are pretty simple, this year will be the same as last year other than going back to quarterly rather than monthly Dollar Cost Averaging in and the only changes will be if rebalancing bands are breached

redwing said:
In no way am I an experienced share trader/investor, but I will be minimising risk in 2015 via asset allocation to give me a diversified portfolio. In 2013 I employed a DCA strategy each quarter, in 2014 I went monthly due to a change in circumstances, this year I may go back to quarterly as it's both less work and fees

Quarterly purchase done

Shares are all up over 8-10% since last quarters purchase

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide658779011389ulimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.137zpp.png1423206449731.png-620x349.png

From the news

ANZ has gained 2 per cent to $36.63, on the way jumping the $100 billion market cap hurdle as only the fourth local stock after BHP, CBA and Westpac.

Maybe 30 years ago. The ASX is hugely overweight financials these days. Only 2 miners in the ASX 20 and BHP is only 4th largest by market cap.

Could hit 6000 on Monday!

From 2007

Three cheers for the mighty 6000 as the record keeps on playing

INVESTORS look likely to consolidate the sharemarket's recent growth, after they pushed the S&P/ASX 200 Index to the 6000-point mark and a record close just shy of the milestone.

The S&P/ASX 200 pierced the 6000-point mark at 3.33pm ? less than 11 months after it reached the 5000-point mark ? and closed 32.3 points higher at 5992.8.

The S&P/ASX 300 Index, which includes 300 of Australia's most traded companies, closed the day above 6000 points, at 6002.00 after reaching a high of 6009.1.

Crashed late 07 at. 6800. Interestingly the ASX 20 index is already ahead of its pre GFC high water mark, while the 200 still lags. As you would expect both accumulation indexes are at all time highs but the ASX 20 is the stand out. Aside from the macro stuff, high payout ratios are part of the reason the ASX will lag against the S&P, so accumulation index is a better measure of return.

Google finance is also now covering the Total return (Accumulation) indices, here's the link to the ASX/200 data.

The Google data is slightly different from the S&P data for some reason

Also, here is the ASX 20 and ASX 200 Index looking back 10 years for a visual

Attachments

• ASX 20.JPG
    ASX 20.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 60
  • ASX 200.JPG
    ASX 200.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 59
Back