High Yielding Shares Again

Maybe not today, as it is down over 1% a few minutes ago,that's the only problem with fast speed data algorithms trading technology,it's invisible..

Same here. I really dislike that term. Constantly buying and reinvesting, it's a long game. Seeing some value at the moment in a couple of the global consumer staples I follow, ASX nothing much.

All my ETF purchases will be pretty much set and forget. Plan is to never sell..just enjoy the passive income stream Ad infinitum :)

This years purchases will mimic last years mostly. Buying Vanguard Australian Shares ETF (VAS.AU) probably less often than monthly and buying when they are trading closer to 52week lows.

There is a small possibility I might start the diversification process probably close of the end of the year into VTS (US Index) once my target goal of VAS is reached.. That will go on probably for atleast 2 years in order to build significant position.

Estimated Distribution for April Quarter = $0.6734 + franking credits (Link)

Previous year same quarter distribution was = $0.4076 + franking credits (Link)

That's a cool 65% increase. I like this passive investing. Just collect dividends.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Just curious clearly some very savvy share investors who love this asset class, so why on SS, what is your mix? Do you do 50/50 property and shares??

MTR:)

Yes interesting! If I was to do it, I would probably do it once I reach my property goals. Interesting to hear what those involved are doing.

Just curious clearly some very savvy share investors who love this asset class, so why on SS, what is your mix? Do you do 50/50 property and shares??

Because like property investments which that you hold they are very similar to how I hold my shares I held only one company for the majority of time.
I originally made our money in property very quickly in Karratha and still have lots of friends who are heavily invested in the asset.
We could have bought a Home and lived the so called comfortable life all those years ago, but did the unthinkable and invested for income, and let's say its paid dividends, lots of them.
The GFC gave us the opportunity to diversify into other companies and sure up our income (dividend wise).
We had a pretty good teacher at the time, but it all wasn't without its anguish lots of that too.
And as far being SS every one interests here are very close to how I'm invested so I'm more than interested. And let's face its not even all your subjects are about property, but really do enjoy the successes stories and also the failures.
I have probably got more people into property investing than anyone I know.
Shares I do not discuss with anyone much because I don't believe there for everyone, people have usually have made up their mind of how it works.

Last edited:

I'm not a large contributor here but do take an interest in property and shares. Currently have a 3 property investments and these are just bubbling along in the background. Much more daily activity is taking place with our shares. I use these to generate additional cashflow through options trading.
So the time is being spent where we have less than 5% of our total assets but this ratio will change over the longer term and eventually excess cash will be piled into the sharemarket to assist us in retirement.

so why on SS, what is your mix? Do you do 50/50 property and shares??

Just from what I have seen over the years in this site,but there is a lot of equities investors in this site by way of their super and they may not even no it,then you have several longterm posters from what I read have been investing for over 20 years in equities,from the investors who invested in trees and got ringbarked,too people that invested in High-endMedical-Banks ect and depending on the number of units held could retire on those incomes,with us the mix is about 80%property 20%shares..

As you invest and gain experience you start to really understand your risk profile and readjust your goals.

Started with residential IP's and have then learnt about shares. I decided I can get satisfactory returns for next to no effort with shares. So made the move to shares. I still have all the IPs, but any new money gets invested in sharemarket.

Residential IPs requires time/effort and if you end up buying at the wrong part of the cycle you could be waiting a very long time to see any gains.

Cheers,
Oracle.

My interest was initially in property and that's how I came to this site. Over the years my interest has diverged, and I just really enjoy stock investments. As someone running a company I have found following companies and reading copious amounts of investment books and forums like Corner of Berkshire and Fairfax has been a fantastic learning experience that I apply to not just listed investments, but my business as well.

Aside from PPOR I don't own any property, but would buy in the right location and circumstances so I am not "anti" property at all. I have growing stock investments in SMSF and family trust, using PPOR backed LOC and also have a multi currency margin facility with a rate that would surprise which is employed very conservatively.

I still frequent SS as it is an "investment" forum at its core, and lots of principals carry over between asset classes.

So, with most of the talk aimed toward high yield shares, i wonder...

Do any of you guys kick around with options at all? And if so what has been your experience?

I moved from using Etrade late last year to Interactive Brokers (US site) - which offers much more affordable brokerage for options particularly. The unfortunate thing though is that it does not offer margin to individuals.

If anyone is into it at all or wants to chat - hit me up or I guess reply :)

I just offloaded my high yielding banks (they were called away) - so currently don't really own any high yielding shares.

GL in the markets guys.

Back