Historical suburb medians

De nero:
Does anyone know where I can get medians of suburbs data for say the last 10 years?

If you are requiring Victorian historical data, I have 1994-2005 I can snail mail you.

OR//

Option 2:

http://www.nre.vic.gov.au/Land/lcnl...01DAC6F-4FF5582EDD1DD6B9CA256E5F0014C0EE?open

In particular; (excerpt):

"I require median prices over the last 10 years. Is this information available?

Yes, this information is available by the purchase of the publication Property Sales Statistics - A Guide to Property Values in Victoria. For a copy of the latest edition on-line or email [email protected] or phone (03) 8636 2456.

Where can I research trends, property prices and forecasts of residential, commercial, industrial and rural property sales statistics?

Through Property Information and Sales (PRISM) for Subscribers.

Where can I purchase the publication “A Guide to Property Values”?

You can order your copy on-line or email [email protected] or phone (03) 8636 2456.

Can I access information on the Internet about the Annual Property Sales Statistics Publication and the histograms report?

Yes, If you are a registered Landata subscriber or email [email protected] ."

Wait there's more:

Option 3

http://www.propertyvalue.com.au/faq.php

In particular; following excerpt:

**About PropertyValue Property Reports

From where do you source your property information?

Our property information is sourced from the Valuer General's Office in each state.
The Valuer General's Office is an independent State Government organisation that keeps records of all property sales data within each state. The PropertyValue Postcode Profile reports contain the most up to date demographic data compiled from a variety of sources including; Veda Advantage, the Australian Bureau of Statistics, NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research, Victoria Police Statistical Service Bureau, the Queensland Office of Economic and Statistical Research, Australian Federal Police, and the ABS Vehicle census.

How current is the information?

The PropertyValue database dates back as early as 1990 and is updated monthly using fresh data from the Valuer General's Office in each state. The demographic data used in the PropertyValue reports is from the latest census. Where possible (e.g. Age) the data has been projected forward to report current demographic trends.

How accurate is the information?

The PropertyValue data is derived directly from the Valuer General's Office. The data from the Valuer General's Office is refreshed monthly, ensuring PropertyValue has the most up to date and accurate sales history available. The data models used by PropertyValue to generate our reports have rules which allow us to detect abnormal values in the data and remove them from calculations. Abnormal values include extremely high or low property prices in certain areas and invalid addresses. By removing such abnormalities, we are able to maximise the accuracy of our information. We also use median values rather than averages which further enhances the integrity of the data.

What geographical areas do you provide reports for?

The PropertyValue property reports currently cover NSW, ACT, VIC, SA, WA and QLD. Plans are underway to expand our service to include the provision of such reports for all Australian states.**

Specifically: (quoting article)

Back