hoo roo buckaroo - Goodbye and goodluck

Thommo said:
I'm ex-service too but native Townsville born. Most of my mates enjoyed it here and some, like your "Ex" mates, stayed.

FYI Your original post did not have a shread of truth in it. You and your mates are just pissing in each others pockets and you do no favours by posting such garbage.

IMHO only. Bill

I disagree with you and find your tone somewhat aggressive.

Like yourself I am a native of Townsville. One day I hope to return when the opportunity comes around. Aren't the Cowboys exciting to watch? Looking real good for State of Origin although the Bronco's last game was a real shocker :eek: For the time being I am upgrading my pre-hospital care in Brisbane.

FYI the only place I have ever heard of the term "AJ" or seen "AJ" cut into the forehead of a soldier whom went to the wrong bar was Townsville. Perhaps we had a different experience.

Anyhow. As for my original post. Take it or leave it. If I were to invest a large sum of money that IP is I'd look into it. If Thommo is right, and the deal is good, and you've factored in IR etc etc go for it. :)

For what it is worth this board has lost it's way. I make a point about the poor quality paint being used in recent renovations and get shot down. The weekend just gone I was talking to the painter who first put me onto this gem. Anyhow he took me to a newish build and demonstrated what he was on about. Not that I doubted him but now I have improved my ability to see if cheap paint has been used in any future house purchase I make.

I have also been shot down over coments I've made on New Zealand property. My missus is a kiwi and just had a friend heavily involved in IP over for two weeks. Yep they are having a right laugh at Aussie "investors" buying site unseen. Sure to be some serious fallout over this one sometime in the future.

Anyhow. I'm out of the market now for at least the end of 2006 perhaps even '07. By then I'd have picked up some more tricks of the trade and Interest Rates would have kicked in to weed out the fly by nighter speculator and left the serious investors. With any luck there will be a nice "correction" so that I can pick up some properties that offer a yield in excess of what the bank offers. Hope to see you lot still around then.

Punchy,

I reckon you might be the first of many who pack up their bongos and go on a sabatical from REI for a while. Its not the game it used to be. I'm gonna stay put and chew the fat over the intervening period so I can sharpen my skills, but am likely to defer any major investments until your foreshadowed correction plays out.

PS. I'm ex army too, and AJ is used everywhere in my experience. When I did my ROIC (Regimental Officers Intermediate Course) at the old school of Arty at North Head in Manly, I remember me and my mates being ID'd as AJ's by some of the local ladies when we hit the Manly Pacific for a beer after hours (must have been the short back and sides or maybe the walking in step). Its universal...

Cheers,
Michael.

MichaelWhyte said:
Punchy,

I reckon you might be the first of many who pack up their bongos and go on a sabatical from REI for a while. Its not the game it used to be. Cheers,
Michael.

Now thats what makes the game more interesting..........

How boring would this scenario be?

Wake Up
Buy Property
Make Money
Go to Sleep
Wake Up
Buy Property
Make Money
Go to Sleep
Wake Up
Buy Property
Make Money
Go to Sleep

One would really get really sick of playing this game,

but if there was elements of surprise, danger, risks of financial disaster, frequent government intervention, adverse publicity, booms, slumps, bad tenants, shoddy maintenance people, defaulting renters, disagreeable tribunal officers, noisy neighbours, drug dealing tenants, carpet chewing pit bull terriers, tremendous real estate agents, savvy accountants, creative financiers, etc etc.

then one would have to keep their wits about them, stay sharp and focused to stay in the game and feel accomplishment in going the distance.

Lets all lighten up a little and get on with playing the game, the best that we can, I can assure you, the rewards are are definately within everyones reach.

regards

geoffw said:
Welcome back Jakk. Good to see you here again.

Jakk,

Was a lurker for about a year before I ever posted on this forum.

In those lurking times, posts by you were some of my favourites. :)

If you don't mind answering this, could you tell us why you stopped posting for over a year and why you're now back.

A86

agent 86 said:
Jakk,

Was a lurker for about a year before I ever posted on this forum.

In those lurking times, posts by you were some of my favourites. :)

If you don't mind answering this, could you tell us why you stopped posting for over a year and why you're now back.

A86

G'day agent 86 or can I call you Max,

was it that long? time flies when you're having fun.

BTW, read the PM I am going to send you.

regards

Jakk said:
Now thats what makes the game more interesting..........

How boring would this scenario be?

Wake Up
Buy Property
Make Money
Go to Sleep
Wake Up
Buy Property
Make Money
Go to Sleep
Wake Up
Buy Property
Make Money
Go to Sleep

Hmmm, let me see.

"Wake Up", that could be boring.

"Buy Property", that could get boring.

"Go to Sleep", yawns, yep, boring.

Oh, what did I miss? Checks list.

Oh, right, "Make Money". Let me pretend to think about it.

Nope, I do believe I wouldn't ever get bored of doing that...

Back