hot spots - between sydney & brisbane

Townhouse development close to shops, walking distance to beaches, major transport routes and you can't go wrong. I think some baby boomers will appreciate not having the 4x2 800m2 holiday home.
see_change said:
I'm not sure if I'll do it for that reason , more likely we'll have two homes, compact town house / unit central , then a weekend in Central coast or Pittwater.
I love you guys! :D

OK, so three high spec finish townhouses in the heart of Sydney's Northern Beaches within 500m walk to everything: golf course, beach, Pittwater, shops, cafes, schools etc is not a bad thing? I know, I know, I'm blowing my own trumpet a bit, but I have been touting Sydney's Northern Beaches for a long time now so at least I'm consistent. ;)

Cheers,
Michael.

I'd suggest you order a free copy of the South East Qld Regional Plan for 2005-2026 from www.oum.qld.gov.au

South East Qld is experiencing the fastest growth rate of any urban region in Australia. By 2026 the population is expected to reach 3.7million people, an increase of over 1 million people. The SE Qld regional plan published in 2005 sets out to guide the direction of future development. More than 80% of the region from Noosa to the NSW border and west to Toowoomba will be protected from development. The SEQ regional plan also identifies a new urban growth corridor for housing and industry. Ipswich is expected to grow from 140000 to 318000 people by 2026.

Coffs Harbour

Recently on the front page of the Sydney Morning Herald also the Newcastle Herald and the financial review. All papers where saying how the government is increasing spending around coffs harbour to better cater for those wanting to make the sea change. The government is also trying to reduce the impact the baby boomers moving to these areas are going to cause like what has happened around gosford. The population is booming along the coast between Sydney - Brisbane however in pockets, it looks like the government is trying to spread the population along the whole coast and not create these pockets. However coffs is looking like a great little hot spot.

We just bought in Caloundra - 1h to Brisbane and the sunny coast itself has quite a bit to offer. Population growth has been tipped to be substantial and when and if the new trainline comes, transport should be pretty good (plus they are currently extending a number of roads around there). Caloundra is a bit more of a regional centre too so not so dependent on tourism which is good for our sanf. Houses seem to be pretty good value too, a similar property on the Gold Coast close to the beach would have been about twice what we paid so there should be room for growth.
I would certainly move up there for my sea change - right now actually but no we'll need our tenants to help us pay the bills so no sea change for us until the next boom :( . But its nice to know that someone can hear and see the sea from our house...
kaf

Couldn't agree more. We bought our IP in Kings Beach in mid 2002, with water views and part of what sold me on the place was its close proximity to Brisbane & the fact that Caloundra/Kings Beach area wasn't as reliant on tourism as Mooloolaba/Maroochydore, but with tremendous untapped potential. For the record, we have a permanent tenant in ours and have had 0% vacancy since purchase. Very happy with our purchase :D
JIM

Back