Hot Water Heater replacement RHEEM

Just some feedback for you all...

My hot water heater died last week....

After doing some research I found a replacement Rheem electric hot water heater (80 litre) on the internet from two sources, both for about $650.00. On top of this, I was going to have to pay a plumber to install it ($200-$300 - my estimate only) and then take the old unit to the tip to dispose of ($30 for a tip visit in Sydney)...giving total costs in the order of $880-$980 - plus a lot of personal hassles for me organising everything...

Anyway...so I decided to call Rheem to find out the official verdict on my nearly dead hot water heater and the retail replacement cost of the unit only (to compare it with the $650 that I found on the internet)...

Rheem told me that they couldn't give me a quote on the price of the hot water heater only, BUT that they could come to my place, bring a new hot water heater, remove and dispose of the old one and install the new one for a grand total of $908.00....

I reckon that this is pretty reasonable....and was pleasantly surprised.

Just letting you all know to ask Rheem the question if you are having problems with your hot water heaters. I was expecting to be $1200-$1500 out of pocket getting someone to do the whole job for me....

Oh - by the way...I live in metropolitan Sydney (Manly)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aquamax-...395?pt=AU_HotWaterSystems&hash=item2ebc18245b

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AquaMAX-...018?pt=AU_HotWaterSystems&hash=item4aa67a3a12

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rheem-12...390?pt=AU_HotWaterSystems&hash=item4d0013401e

I'd be going for something like the link above, you could also contact your
local plumber or solar hot water expert who should have some good secound
hand unite after heaps of people have changed over to solar.

Ebay normally has a lot of secound hand units.
Last few I have bought were both under $80 for 250 litres and only 4 year old.

The hotwater heater was manufactured in Nov 2004 - so it lasted about 7 and a half years....

Good idea about those aquamax heaters - definitely cheaper - however, I wanted to replace mine with the same model (given the enclosed space that it is installed in).

bunnings are doing dux hot water heaters might be worth a look the 160litre 3600watt i was gonna buy was $700 so your 80ltr is gonna be alot cheaper I actually baught mine off ebay from a guy in melbourne was a rennai which is a rebranded dux even comes with dux valves for $800 delivered which i thaught was cheap considering most wanted $1300 for the reece, till i was looking for hot water heater mats at bunnings and walked past the dux, damn didnt even realise they sold them.

dux seems to be cheapest option i got a brand new 80 litre installed recently in west ryde unit by a plumber for $770 including labour. Had the old one removed aswell.

PM me for plumber details but not sure if he will go to manly! (extra $50 might do the trick?)

bunnings are doing dux hot water heaters might be worth a look the 160litre 3600watt i was gonna buy was $700 so your 80ltr is gonna be alot cheaper I actually baught mine off ebay from a guy in melbourne was a rennai which is a rebranded dux even comes with dux valves for $800 delivered which i thaught was cheap considering most wanted $1300 for the reece, till i was looking for hot water heater mats at bunnings and walked past the dux, damn didnt even realise they sold them.

Bunnings also advertising installation for their dux @$199

Many governments around Australia have restricted the installation of electric water heaters in residential dwellings, so you need to check the regulations in your area when considering your options.

Back