Hot Water in Brand New Unit

Hi,

Tenants have moved in one of my brand new units and they are saying there is no hot water.

Can someone think of any reason why there would not be any hot water?

Thanks.

Wehad this problem in our PPOR (brand new) a couple of times. Firstly there was a booster switch inside the house that had to be turned on. It wasn't labelled - they are usually put some place like the laundry or in a cupboard. We eventually found ours in the bathroom.
Second time, it turned out that the fuse? behind the booster switch had melted - so we had to get that replaced.

is it an intaneous electric system? some of these you need to turn the hot on first wait for hit to heat up and then gradually add cold... they dont work if you try to turn down the hot to reduce heat. As soon as you turn the hot tap down it shuts off the heat... stupidest invention i have ever seen!

Gas/pilot light not lit or gas tap off next to HWS?

Gas with electric control/is powerpoint turned on-plugged in?

Electric/isolating switch or circuit breaker not switched on? If it's an off peak only, may not heat until the next morning.

Cold water inlet tap off?

If this unit is new, has it ever had hot water? it could be incorrectly plumbed, (I doubt it) or the tempering valve may need adjusting.

Hi,

Tenants have moved in one of my brand new units and they are saying there is no hot water.

Can someone think of any reason why there would not be any hot water?

Thanks.
Is the system gas or elec,solar? depending on the system if elec ,start at the HWS and see if you have water pressure,if you have water flow then go and check if the switchboard is set ,it may have just tripped out on the safety switch,i'm not prepared to talk about gas hws it's best to call a plumber so much can go wrong when unqualified start playing around with gas..,my guess is the elec's are not on..imho willair..

If this unit is new, has it ever had hot water? it could be incorrectly plumbed, (I doubt it) or the tempering valve may need adjusting.

It happened to me 2 years ago. The builder's plumber (or his apprentice) fitted an electric Rheemglas and plumbed it as shown in the instruction manual only they didn't fit a tempering valve as shown in the diagram. The result was that the system was heating up the water alright but the cold water was bypassing the HWS and going straight into the hot water pipes.

This is simple - builder forgot to install hot water unit, or hot water unit is not part of standard inclusions :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Sorry I was away yesterday. Didn't get a chance to reply back.

Thanks you all soo much for sooo many reasons why the hot water is not working :p

Last I heard from the PM yesterday, she said she will go check it out herself yesterday. I haven't heard from her yet so I am hoping everything is fine now.

I will make an update as soon as I find out what the problem was.

Although the tenant did confirm that the main switch is turned on.

Thanks again all.

Back