hot water units - how much ?

My block of flats is 30 years old and the HWS are at the end of their useful life. Does anyone have an idea how much it will cost to replace (include installation), I think they are gas. The block is in regional NSW.
thanks in advance.

Recently replaced a hwu for a block of 15 units (it has 2). Came to just under $2000 installed.

This is a central water heater set up with all hot water shared.

Cheers

NSW regional

My block of flats is 30 years old and the HWS are at the end of their useful life. Does anyone have an idea how much it will cost to replace (include installation), I think they are gas. The block is in regional NSW.
thanks in advance.

We just had an electric hot water system die in August this year.
NSW Regional as well ~ Albury
It needed to be converted to gas (other three units were already replaced.)
The fence was removed and replaced, It required electrican and plumber.
Total cost was $2k.:eek:
PM managed to offset partial payments from that particular unit to be directed to the plumber as progressive payments over 4 months to help soften the blow.;)

sorry guys for much late reply as I was busy and did not know how to search for this thread that I raised.
Thanks y-man & handyandy.
Sailor : I think $450 is very cheap, does the cost include installation.
Bricks & Mortar : why the electric hws needs to convert to gas ?

OTM,
Just going through this process in Qld 'as we speak'.
My old electric HardieDux HWS has died after 10 years....apparently they have a lifespan of about 12 years.
It will be replaced on Monday with a 125 litre Rheem electric at a cost of $950 all up. (it will actually cost me a little bit more for re-routing some plumbing).
Hope this helps.
Bill

OTM,
The price I was given didn't give me a break-up of the costs...just the total. I tried to phone the plumbers just now, but closed for the day, unfortunately.
I'll be getting the full invoice with break-up of costs on Monday afternoon, so if you like, I'll post the full details then.
Cheers
Bill

OTM,
Total cost $950.
The HWS itself cost $660 from Tradelink, so the balance of $290 is the parts and labour charge. The plumber was here for nearly 2.5 hours, and the job required new piping.
As if it couldn't get any worse, the plumber noticed the power cable to the new HWS had been chewed by some rat (?) and bare wires were exposed. So I've now had to call in a 'sparkey' to fix this problem....hopefully late this arvo. Sick of cold showers, though! :eek: :eek:
Cheers
Bill

Back