hottest suburbs in Australia to buy property

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/sunrise/12015/hot-properties-with-future-proofing

New method discerns hottest property
- Method uses mix of demand and planning factors

A new method of finding the hottest suburbs for real estate tells users where to buy based on more than just sales growth.

This shows not just the properties that are good investments, but those in areas that are in high demand where there might also be a scarcity of properties.

Australian Property Monitors and Smart Investor Magazine have released new research using the method that lists the following hottest suburbs in Australia to buy property.

There are 16 suburbs in all, two in each state and territory (click the suburbs to see their location):

QLD

o Auchenflower, Qld

o Carina Heights, Qld

NSW

o Erskineville, NSW

o Manly Vale, NSW

ACT

o Braddon, ACT

o Watson, ACT

VIC

o Coburg North, Vic

o South Melbourne, Vic

TAS

o Devonport, Tas

o Howrah, Tas

SA

o Camden Park, SA

o Greenacres, SA

WA

o Craigie, WA

o East Perth, WA

NT

o Moulden, NT

o Woolner, NT

Nicole Pedersen-McKinnon from Australian Property Monitors and Smart Investor says that property in these areas is a good buy right now based on what’s happening to the market there.

Nicole says despite many properties going backwards in value, there are suburbs around Australia that are set to experience significant price growth.

The power factor
For the first time, this research combined normal property measures like rental prices and price growth, with supply and demand factors, such as 'the number of days a property has been on the market' and 'the number of properties on market'.

They took this even further by selecting only suburbs with a "power" factor - such as planned new infrastructure or a surge in online searches - that will give prices that extra boost.

These are all steps buyers can take themselves when researching property to get a better idea of the property’s potential return.

More info

www.afrsmartinvestor.com.au – Australian Financial Review

Re: Auchenflower in Brisbane. Hard to be accurate but I think growth has been 30-35% in two years in this suburb just for units, or that kind of ballpark anyway. Rents up 20% and more for units over the same period, not sure what houses have done in terms of value but they are pretty expensive in this area. Nice location I think.

I'm not completely up to date on the latest but I think Milton might be a potential place to watch as well.

There are plans for a large development (not sure of the latest though) over the train station which should improve the area, also it's kind of nice to live if you can get a side street, Park Rd for a place to pose and do coffee, walk to Suncorp stadium.

I'm partial to the train stations, and think if you have stuff going up around there then that's a potential for outperformance. Infrastructure drives prices I'm told.

When has, Auchenflower, or when will Auchenflower be a bad investment?? It has always and always will be blue chip. Hi entry costs there though.

We were looking at buying in Auchenflower in the late 90 but ended up buying somewhere else. Nice burb and close to the CBD howerver we wanted our parents to eventually move near us and Auchenflower is too hilly for elderly people to walk around the block !

where's the method of locating the hottest deal within those suburbs?

42-16605491.jpg

Craigie in WA?

"they" have been saying this for 5 years now and sti no price movement. we bought in Beldon (is pretty much craigie) before all these silly recommendations and there was more growth then, than there ever was -because of the change in stamp duty for FHOs.

re the auchenflower bit.

If you look at a map of brisbane and that area

Most anything that is south of waterworks road to the river and east of the toowong roundabout along that "5" road is good stuff - all the way into the city. - encompasses Toowong, Auchenflower, Paddington, Ashgrove, Milton, Red Hill...

They're a bit late as usual. Greenacres SA has boomed massively already the last couple years. Whilst I expect the growth to continue, it won't be the same as recent figures.

Craigie in WA?

"they" have been saying this for 5 years now and sti no price movement. we bought in Beldon (is pretty much craigie) before all these silly recommendations and there was more growth then, than there ever was -because of the change in stamp duty for FHOs.

In the last 5 years, Craigie has appreciated at 20.3% per annum.

Beldon has appreciated at a lower rate, at 18.9% per annum.

Over ten years, Craigie 15.0%, Beldon lower at 13.7%.

Figures taken from REIWA.

Back