House has gone up for sale. Opinion on ads and photos

I only see a 1 pic a courtyard with a dirty window on the acton site, but that's likely my browser. If its the main photo I would be changing it to another more interesting one such as the outdoor area looking into the kitchen.

That range hood duct cover does stand out with the marks. Did you install it yourself? Normally the cornice is cut so the cover goes right to the ceiling.

Beyond that I don't see too much wrong with the text. Depends what you consider to be features not mentioned.
At least the photos are better than some I have seen. Have to wonder if your buying the furniture or a house sometimes with the closeups.

Yerr I did install the rangehood myself and really wish I cut the cornices but it was to late. I'll see how it goes. Didn't realise the fingerprints would show up like that either. Barely noticable when you're in the actual house, or maybe that's just me haha.

Main photo on both websites is the 1 of the front of the townhouse looking in through the courtyard.

Anything else I could add to the house to make it look desirable? Anything easy, I'm over this renovation!

Edit: Apart from my terrible choice of bathroom tile!

Last edited:
It looks really good, congrats on the reno. Apart from the rangehood cleaning, I would suggest adding a few things onto the kitchen bench, like a bowl of fruit/ flowers/recipe book on stand, etc, and if you can borrow a table and chairs that would be great.

Good point about the power points Kesse - I can't see any along that kitchen bench. Also agree maybe a bowl or some flowers or something on the bench would be good.

To my eyes, it looks like the photos on the Acton website have been 'stretched' and that's why they look better (could be a browser thing though I guess). The grey/brown see-through bar at the bottom of the photos on the Acton site make them appear wider too (but I still think they've been stretched).

There are power points. When the photos were taken they were only wires coming out so the photos were photoshopped. Forgot about that! Probably should get them to update the photos.

First written offer has come through at $460,000 which will be countered after the 2nd home open tomorrow

great photos. ditch the photo of looking down the stairs though.

Depending on what the agent thinks the target market needs to hear, sometimes its better not to list everything, the add is to get people to call the agent, its her job to entice them enough to look at the property, then to make offers.

Sometimes when buyers are scrolling through 50 houses or so online they are looking more for a reason to cut the house from their shortlist than to look at it.....

great place though, well done.

I always give preference to ads with a floorplan included.
I guess when I was looking for a PPOR, it gave me a pretty good idea of whether it was going to be suitable.
For IP, its probably less important.. although it does clarify the layout and give you a better idea of the size of the rooms.

congrats on the renovations and the first offer, whats your figures like - purchase price and reno costs.

Also whats actons like on cost for selling we are in the middle of getting ready for selling and will be getting a couple of appraisals one will be Actons.

I only see a 1 pic a courtyard with a dirty window on the acton site, but that's likely my browser. If its the main photo I would be changing it to another more interesting one such as the outdoor area looking into the kitchen.

That range hood duct cover does stand out with the marks. Did you install it yourself? Normally the cornice is cut so the cover goes right to the ceiling.

Beyond that I don't see too much wrong with the text. Depends what you consider to be features not mentioned.
At least the photos are better than some I have seen. Have to wonder if your buying the furniture or a house sometimes with the closeups.

Being picky, but I noted that also as well as the self-promotion "For Deb Brady's Insight on Real Estate make sure you check out her blog", but hey, thats agents and why they have a bigger picture of themselves on signboards than the property :D

I like this style as an investor

Property Description

Perfect Investment Long Term Tenants

This immaculately presented 2 bedroom recently renovated town house would return $525 -550 p/w income. Not a cent needs to be spent on this stunning transformation. Perfect for the first home buyer, investor or FIFO worker needing a lock up and leave base within the Western Suburbs. Can be purchased furnished or un-furnished.
Perfect location with nearby Federation natural park land and easy access to Stirling Hwy.Walking distance to both the beach and the river and to public transport.

Poetic licence taken

* Body corp fees approx $.... p/w
* Rates council and water approx $... p/w
* Rent $525 to 550 p/w
* Purchase price $485,000 to $500,000
* Gross Yield 5.6 to 5.9 % *

Property description:
* 2 bedrooms all with built In wardrobes, master with semi-ensuite and air con
* 1 Bathroom and toilet
* Secure garage
* Remote lock up garage
* Spilt system air conditioner to lounge/dining and master bedroom
* Fans to all other bedrooms
* Dishwasher and modern Kitchen
* Private landscaped rear garden
* Roof insulation
* Pool in complex with covered entertainment area
* Quality fittings, floor coverings throughout and down lights
* Security screened doors and windows down ,fly screen's to windows up stairs
* Built approx Aug 2000.
* 12 town houses in a secure complex

This is a must for your investment portfolio with excellent presentation to , close to all amenities for tenant's convenience makes this property a must-buy for the discerning FHB or sophisticated investor .

* Please note all gross yields and return details are approximate and are based on the asking price only (not the sale price), the gross return also does not include any tax credits or deductions the purchaser may be entitled to, and is based on information provided by a number of sources.

Back