House Insurance in QLD

G'day folks,

Can I have a bit of an idea on what insurance company people use both for "Building" and also for "Landlord"?

I'm in the process of renewing several Building insurance policies so was curious as to people's choices ..... I'm currently with AAMI but I think their premiums are starting to creep up. Just over $400 for a standard 3br/1ba brick lowset house in QLD. How does this compare with other premiums people have?

Also, with Landlord Insurance - I have been using Terri Scheer for a few years, and fortunately/unfortunately have only had to make 1 claim so far. Unfortunately for me the property was vacant for 13 weeks and the maximum they pay out is 6 weeks rent.

I contacted AAMI, and they DO NOT even cover an absconding tenant at all with their Landlord Protection policy, so I'd be real careful using AAMI.

Andrew.

G'day folks,

I contacted AAMI, and they DO NOT even cover an absconding tenant at all with their Landlord Protection policy, so I'd be real careful using AAMI.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew

AAMI Landlord insurance with Tenant Protection does cover loss of rent from week 4-13. I just changed from RACQ which doesn't offer any landlord protection but my main worry was that they don't cover intentional damage by tenant either. AAMI has that in their policy. AAMI was almost $200 cheaper than CGU and way cheaper than Scheer so I went for them but I just changed last months so no experience with them really.

Cheers

kaf

Hi Andrew

AAMI Landlord insurance with Tenant Protection does cover loss of rent from week 4-13. I just changed from RACQ which doesn't offer any landlord protection but my main worry was that they don't cover intentional damage by tenant either. AAMI has that in their policy. AAMI was almost $200 cheaper than CGU and way cheaper than Scheer so I went for them but I just changed last months so no experience with them really.

Kaf,
AAMI do cover rent default, however only if the tenant is still in the property and haven't paid. If they leave for whatever reason, you're up the creek with no paddle. I have just cancelled a stack of my policies with them as that is not good enough from my point of view. They were considerably cheaper than Terri Scheer, but I've just discovered one reason why .....

Andrew.

Landlord Insurance: Suncorp

Hi there.

Check out Suncorp Landlord Insurance when you do the research:
Landlord Insurance is quite a good product and their claims dept is quite good (so I hear, never had to use them yet :)

I started on CGU but their rate hikes where too much to bear
starting year 400, next year 590, next year nearly 750 yikes!

Suncorp for the same cover (slight increase in Sum insured) was a lot cheaper and their excess / PDS was less prohibitive to claim.

GIO is the representative in Southern States.

Back