House plans- opinions

Hi all

I have had some plans drawn to build a 3x2 in Perth. Retain and build development for a long term rental, corner block.

I would appreciate any opinions,feedback, changes, recommendations etc from those in the know on what you think or how it could be improved at all.

How does one go about choosing elevations? google and builder websites to find something you like that will appeal and wont date? or something with a wow factor?

thanks alot :D.

Attachments

• Plans 1 (1).jpg
    Plans 1 (1).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 257
  • Plans 1 (2).jpg
    Plans 1 (2).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 185
Looks OK

About the only thing I dont like is the door into the kitchen from the garage.
I would relocate that door to the wall into the hallway.

Thanks. Thats a good point which have discussed moving to open into hallway which wont be a problem.

cheers

The funny thing is, you can decrease the cost more than likely, but increase your footprint.

Ask your draftsman/architect to extend the alfresco out to the end wall of the house and add an eave to the right hand side.

It will eliminate a few $$$ in roof plumbing especially if its a sheet roof, will eliminate a valley and increase the size of your deck.

As far as the floor plan goes, I'd try and rework the linen closet, if your going to have a separate toilet, try and make it separate, try and get a door from the hallway so people don't have to walk through the bathroom to get to the toilet.

I don't have a problem with toilets in bathrooms, but if your going to the trouble of enclosing it make it completely separate.

The funny thing is, you can decrease the cost more than likely, but increase your footprint.

Ask your draftsman/architect to extend the alfresco out to the end wall of the house and add an eave to the right hand side.

It will eliminate a few $$$ in roof plumbing especially if its a sheet roof, will eliminate a valley and increase the size of your deck.

As far as the floor plan goes, I'd try and rework the linen closet, if your going to have a separate toilet, try and make it separate, try and get a door from the hallway so people don't have to walk through the bathroom to get to the toilet.

I don't have a problem with toilets in bathrooms, but if your going to the trouble of enclosing it make it completely separate.

Thanks for the feedback. I was going to make the alfresco bigger so thats good to know it will save money by putting it inline with the house.

I will see if its possible to move linen cupboard so you dont have to go through laundry to get to toilet but not sure where it would go.

cheers

Wow my reply disappeared :)

Anyway - I agree on the alfresco. Make sure the supporting pillar is on the very outside edge and there is supporting beams along both sides. No need to have eaves on an alfresco as they just reduce usable area.

Bed 2 and 3 are very small. If you have additional space in your site coverage make these bigger.

In bed 3 you have taken it out to the eaves. This will either create a sloped ceiling in that area or a square shaped bulkhead. I prefer the square bulkhead personally, and usually try to have the robe on that wall to reduce the look of the bulkhead all the way along. In your instance it's not really feasable to put the robe on that wall though

I just read the figures. If you are at 45% then you can squeeze some more out of this. Most councils have a 3% discretion allowance on top of that that you can use.

You could go to 151.67 which isn't alot extra but that little bit is important when it comes to helping that CG go along. That 7m2 would be very beneficial to the bedrooms.

Also make sure that front portico wasn't included in the calculations as that is open space not site coverage as it's open on both sides.

Wow my reply disappeared :)

Anyway - I agree on the alfresco. Make sure the supporting pillar is on the very outside edge and there is supporting beams along both sides. No need to have eaves on an alfresco as they just reduce usable area.

Bed 2 and 3 are very small. If you have additional space in your site coverage make these bigger.

In bed 3 you have taken it out to the eaves. This will either create a sloped ceiling in that area or a square shaped bulkhead. I prefer the square bulkhead personally, and usually try to have the robe on that wall to reduce the look of the bulkhead all the way along. In your instance it's not really feasable to put the robe on that wall though

thanks myf

I am at max site coverage so have to decrease something in order to make something bigger. They are queen size bedrooms and i believe those bedroom areas are upto the robes and not the robes taking away from that area if you know what i mean.

The alfresco can and will be bigger.
And those other tips are great I will use them. But I think bed 3 robe will be best where it is to make the room feel more open and bigger and to have no problems fitting a bed.

any other thoughts?

cheers

I just read the figures. If you are at 45% then you can squeeze some more out of this. Most councils have a 3% discretion allowance on top of that that you can use.

You could go to 151.67 which isn't alot extra but that little bit is important when it comes to helping that CG go along. That 7m2 would be very beneficial to the bedrooms.

Also make sure that front portico wasn't included in the calculations as that is open space not site coverage as it's open on both sides.

I did ask about the extra allowance. iwill look into it further.
Its city of belmont so will see if they will allow this.
I dont think th porticois but i will double check.

cheers

Any chance you would move the dividing fence closer to the original house?

It looks to be more than 1.5m and that area is dead space to the original house.

If you moved it then the new block would be a little bigger.

I know I'm talking about increasing the size and therefore cost of the new villa but you might be able to make it a 4 x 2 for not a lot more cost.

The reason for the small block means it leaves the existing block at 450sqm, being a corner block it will provide the oportunity to put a granny flat on at a later stage.

I think I can goto around a 280sqm block which will provide bigger bedrooms etc but then I will forgo the gf oportunity.

cheers

The reason for the small block means it leaves the existing block at 450sqm, being a corner block it will provide the oportunity to put a granny flat on at a later stage.

I think I can goto around a 280sqm block which will provide bigger bedrooms etc but then I will forgo the gf oportunity.

cheers

Ah hah! A clayton's triplex :)

I would try and retain that ability too.

what size would be classed as a good size room?

They are 2750x3430 with a rob in there at 1600x500ish

I will get a tape measure out and get an eye for it :D

cheers

your plans say 2750x2830 which is pretty small, that is a single bedroom or a double pushed against a wall at max

your plans say 2750x2830 which is pretty small, that is a single bedroom or a double pushed against a wall at max

yeap that measurement is to the robe in a square not to the wall or beside the robe.. If the robe was not there it would be the above measurements.

to make them bigger I would have to decrease somewhere else like the living room or try to increase the site area so might be some options available.

cheers

yeap that measurement is to the robe in a square not to the wall or beside the robe.. If the robe was not there it would be the above measurements.

as it should be since that is your usable floor area. you're right that if the robe was noth there it would be your measurements but since the robe is there the dimensions on the plan are correct.

Back