House without a bath- reduction in value?

My Reno budget is running a little thin for the house slide-raise project. The house currently doesn't have a bath (looks like it was taken out for an elderly person living there).

Do you think not having a bath reduces the value of a property? I was considering getting someone to drop a new bath in the space but wondering if the cost would outweigh any added value?

Selling or renting the property afterwards? Demographics of the area or target market of the property?

If the demographics are your typical nuclear family then I would have a bath. May not influence the end value much but may make it more rentable / sellable as families with young kids may pass it up.

What is the demographic? I've taken out baths on 2x1 duplexes 5km from CBD on 220sqm of land and no one had any issue on it, also built 3x3s 2km from CBD without them and surprisingly again no buyers mentioned that as an impediment.

If you're talking family home then it probably is a bigger issue

Thanks for your replies. It's in chermside (nth Brisbane) and I'm selling. To be honest I don't really know the demographic- seems to be a mixture of age and occupant size.

Thanks for your replies. It's in chermside (nth Brisbane) and I'm selling. To be honest I don't really know the demographic- seems to be a mixture of age and occupant size.

Ask your REA. What size home is it?

3x2x2 needs a bath

2x1x1 doesnt

Really need more info

Have you looked at compareable sales to see what features they have.

Agent says not much of a difference in price if I don't have a bath. He's convinced only builder renovators will buy the property and that the house will be stripped at settlement anyway. I'm not convinced but admittedly I have limited knowledge of the area.

Is a post-war home, 3 bed single bathroom. Am about to raise it to legal height and put two car spots with garage doors underneath and put timber battens on ground floor to enclose it for storage.

Yes, it depends. I just removed the bath at PPOR (3x1) because it made the bathroom too small. If it is a 3x2 or 4x2 or a bigger room, I would have kept it.

Back