How do people manage their lifestyle goals in amongst getting IP early on?

I'm all for enjoying the journey as you go . No point in constantly saving and never having the things you want. We've sold IP's and used the money for OS holidays , buying into boats and a weekender when we could have bought more IP's or paid down debt .

One thing to think about is that now is a good time to get into the market .

If asked for an opinion , I think that the majority of forumites would expect the market to be considerably up in two years time from where it is now . Maybe you could set up a poll and ask the question . but split into several possible answers including how long people have been investing for. I've done this

So maybe from this point of view now is a time to delay the gratification for 2-3 years , get into the market now and then save up for the car. That's what I'd be telling my kids

Cliff

Last edited:
Good luck with that.

No luck needed. 90% of parts still available in aus aftermarket or through toyota for the harder bits.

Just look after them and maintain them and they will go for a long time.

We had to get a front passenger side rubber window seal for a 1995 Prado a few months ago...had to order it ex-Japan and will cost the customer $250 incl GST.

It took 6 weeks to get it.

Next time try these dudes.

https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=14053vb005

If it's parts you are going to have to wait for anyway than this could be an option.

I haven't tried them as yet but was looking at ordering part. $45 instead of $150 at Nissan and that included shipping. This was for a part in the cooling system that would not normally break so was a bit rarer. Nissan had to get it from Melbourne.

Cheers

Next time try these dudes.

https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=14053vb005

If it's parts you are going to have to wait for anyway than this could be an option.

I haven't tried them as yet but was looking at ordering part. $45 instead of $150 at Nissan and that included shipping. This was for a part in the cooling system that would not normally break so was a bit rarer. Nissan had to get it from Melbourne.

Cheers
Thanks for that, H.A.

It's a very good site.

Back