How do you find the list of most popular threads?

I remember a while ago I could find a list of popular threads as per the number of stars given by members. I can't find that list now - does anyone know what I am talking about, and if so can you please help me? :)

...and avoid those ones ;)

Breaking news bulletin: "ladies and gentlemen, this is an emergency broadcast informing people that a level 5 hater is loose on the SS forums. If you see the hater, please do NOT approach him as he may be armed with a negativity canon and will suck the fun out of your day like an industrial vaccuum cleaner. Now back to our regular programming..." :p

And your psychiatrist, who likes the shine of your shoes!

LOL I was assessed once, and I think they came to the conclusion that I was a functional crazy person. Then I took her out on a date :D It ended badly though, because I think she was actually crazy, had a learning disability, and I'm pretty sure she camped out in the bushes outside my apartment a couple of times. So much for dating "good" girls. Ech. Give me a fire breathing megaskank anyday.

Oh by the way your stupid PM thingy is still broken. Typed out a big long reply for you too. Thanks a lot.

I remember a while ago I could find a list of popular threads as per the number of stars given by members. I can't find that list now - does anyone know what I am talking about, and if so can you please help me? :)

When you open up one of the sections of the forums, just click the "replies" or "views" button at the top of all the threads and that will sort them based on that field :)

LOL I was assessed once, and I think they came to the conclusion that I was a functional crazy person. Then I took her out on a date :D It ended badly though, because I think she was actually crazy, had a learning disability, and I'm pretty sure she camped out in the bushes outside my apartment a couple of times. So much for dating "good" girls. Ech. Give me a fire breathing megaskank anyday.

Oh by the way your stupid PM thingy is still broken. Typed out a big long reply for you too. Thanks a lot.

Sorry for that. I think it's a conspiracy! Just email me here -

[email protected]

Or have a chuckle and chuck it on the forum!

Sorry for that. I think it's a conspiracy! Just email me here -

[email protected]

Or have a chuckle and chuck it on the forum!

Eh the crux of the reply was that I wasn't too keen on providing a how-to guide on rezoning because I'm toying with the idea of offering it as a professional service along a 10% of appreciation model, and I'd rather not give the technology away to clients/competitors willy nilly until I decide which way I'm going to go. I will of course help anyone on the forum to do a rezone free of charge if they ask me politely though :) but it will involve me learning specifics about different states and so I can guarantee neither success or having enough time to do it to my usual standard.

It's funny though - everyone thinks that rezoning is really hard. It isn't, so long as you pick the right block of land and are meticulous in your justifications for a rezone. Other people lodge applications that are 3 lines long ie "we believe that the application has merit on the basis that rezoning will be good for the area and not unduly impinge upon the amenity of the area" whilst mine are about 6 pages long, with graphs, diagrams, economic analysis, demographic data etc etc (I use the BBB principle with planners - baffle their brains with bullcrap and while they're in a coma they agree to anything you want :D) and the same goes for responding to objections - I had one poor bugger that said that my building was going to "block his sun". When I read that, I heard "Bad to the Bone" by George Thoroughgood playing in my head and thought I'd tweak his nose a bit.

My reply to that went along the lines of: "We would like to bring attention to the fact that the proposed development site and that of the adjoining property are oriented along a north south axis. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Unless the objector is insinuating that an amendment to the planning act will alter the solar axis of either the planet earth or the milky way galaxy, it is highly unlikely that the proposed development will "block his sun", and in fact may have more to do with the fact that the adjoining property is presently for sale and that the granting of a rezone from MD to MR will most likely "block his profit margin" - which was doubly hilarious because all of these boring old farts in suits at the planning meeting had to read that out loud to an audience of 20 people with me at the front LA Law style in my boardies and thongs giggling away like an idiot because I laugh at my own jokes :D

Back