How doya like Them Apples...

Well...

The ministry of silly names worked overtime this week...

Gwenyth Paltrow and Chris Martin had their baby girl the other day, and called it...

APPLE.

No, Aparrently that's the truth...

Of all silly names.

Has anyone heard a sillier one, or does this really take the (apple) cake?

asy :D

I have heard of this name actually. I believe it is an English name from the Victorian era when flowers and virtues were popular inspiration for names. It does sound perculiar at first though.

Maybe Gwyneth is trying to be an Uber-Brit. :D

I've heard in Victorian times, the name 'lettuce' was common...

Given the choice, I'd go for apple.

Jas

asy said:
The ministry of silly names worked overtime this week...

Gwenyth Paltrow and Chris Martin had their baby girl the other day, and called it...

APPLE.
I heard this mentioned the other night on the TV. Apprently it was named for the computer, not the fruit or the record company.

When the poor kid goes to school, it won't be compatible with all the other children.

geoffw said:
I heard this mentioned the other night on the TV. Apprently it was named for the computer, not the fruit or the record company.

When the poor kid goes to school, it won't be compatible with all the other children.

But she'll have the coolest music around. And she'll never be lost for a Jobs.

I once heard someone say that if Claudia Schiffer ever married Brains from the Thunderbirds, she'd be known as Claudia Schiffer-Brains.

GP

GreatPig said:
I once heard someone say that if Claudia Schiffer ever married Brains from the Thunderbirds, she'd be known as Claudia Schiffer-Brains.

GP

hahah!! thats good. A young couple who are friends of ours called their recent newborn boy 'Slater Bear........' Slater being the first name and Bear the middle name because the dads nick name is bear. Go figure.

I also have another friend with a son called Spike, and hes such a Spike :)

Four that I have come across in my life that have stuck in my mind -
Terry Towel & Dwayne Pipe, and 2 of the cruelest - Ophelia Dick & Wayne King :eek: 100% true!

Cheers
Olly

Cricketer "Wayne Kerr" was always a bad one - poor guy... his parents should have been shot for that.

How about this poor fellow?

79cruel_parents.jpg

My cousin named her daughter Zipporah because her son was a fan of 'Moses: Prince of Egypt' and he really liked the name.

I am not so convinced that three year olds necessarily have much in the way of good taste - my son always wants to wear socks with his sandels - and they certainly shouldn't be given free reign with the naming rights!

BTW, she is now two and her family call her Zippy :eek:

And then theres the ex town planner for Portland in Victoria..

Richard Head.

He used to go up to women at parties and say "Hi, I'm D*ck Head"...

He used the line on a friend of mine, and she just said "Yeah, so I hear" and walked away...

asy :D

The worst name in history, however, has to go to that American rock star (Zappa, I think) who called his son, Moon Unit. Weird, indeed!

Jacque said:
The worst name in history, however, has to go to that American rock star (Zappa, I think) who called his son, Moon Unit. Weird, indeed!

Sounds like something Michael Jackson would call his kid.

Back