How good is Steven Gerrard!!!

I have just watched another replay of highlights of Liverpool's win last night.
For anyone who loves football (soccer) , you can watch Liverpool's 3rd goal over and over. The strike by Steven Gerrard from around 35m out is amazing!!
Go Liverpool - FA Cup winners!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely unbelievable! I watched it live, and was almost as depressed at half time as I was last year watching Istanbul on TV. What an amazing comeback, I think Stevie will become a Saint on Mersyside after that performance!

So Rafa has 2 major trophies in 2 years, not a bad start. We might even challenge for the championship in a year or two, as we were only about 10 points behind Chelsea this year.

On this thread at least, you'll never walk alone :)

Ed

Good game. you had to feel for West Ham though. Poor buggers thought they had it with 5 minutes to go then BAM!

My hubby is a Liverpool supporter and stayed up to watch it. People are saying that was the best goal ever in a FA cup final.

Benitez is a brilliant manager, ever better than Maurinho considering Maurinho has loads of $$ to play with.

what a game....GERRARDDDDDDDDDD.

i wet my pants at his first goal....not telling u what happened on his second goal :)

i thought the champions league final was as good as sport could get....then this, just to back it up and show the balls and fight and sheer will of the greatest sporting club in the world.

stevie g....what an absolute legend.

Sure was an early morning, what with extra time and then a shootout.

Worth it though, a very good game, full of drama and great goals.

to those who are real fans...
get on limewire, type in steven gerrard...and its just a feast of glory. particularly his top 10goals by djibrilliant.

TommyR said:
Maybe, but a pity he couldn't hang on to Michael Owen.

My husband agrees with you but personally, I'm so glad Liverpool did not buy Owen back.

1) Because he choose to leave and win medals
2) Liverpool has done really well without him anyway, probably playing their best and considered one of the best clubs in the world at the moment.

Gerard could have left but he didn't.

gerrard was gone...absolutely gone and out the door.
i was devastated...im a grown man and yes, i cried!!!!
then....i woke up the next day, and he stayed. i cried again!!

he was goint to face the toughtest of years...leading them to european cup, and the fans wouldve probably killed him as he is the favourite son. he scored an absolute cracker in the first practice game...took off to the corner of the kop, looked up into the masses and sort of said sorry and all was forgiven. thank god.

ok il stop now...its pathetic i know!!

Back