How hard is it to get a rental in Brisbane with pets?

I'm looking from the other perpective (as a potiential tenant :eek: ) as we are considering a seachange. Thing is, we have two dogs and two cats. So, how tight is the rental market up there, and how likely is it that we will be able to get a 3+ bedroom house that accepts pets.

If need be we could rehome one or two of the dogs, but I would obviously rather keep them. The cats are very definitely staying though. ;)

So, how tight is the rental market up there, and how likely is it that we will be able to get a 3+ bedroom house that accepts pets.
It may limit your choices a little bit, but it's certainly not impossible. If you're a bit flexible on other criteria, you'll find somewhere.

Do you know what suburbs you are looking at? My property manager said 6 months ago, some suburbs were tight, others weren't. I found it really hard with my two dogs when I rented 18 months ago. After applying unsuccessfully for a few properties, eventually an agent said to me I had to lose one dog, the biggest one. It was rather frustrating, especially considering my tenants had one cat and two border collies. So I eventually moved my tenants on, and they found another place easily (they had good references). I guess it's just a matter of finding the right property owner. Another thing that was difficult was property managers weren't willing to accept my applications sight unseen. Maybe looking on Gumtree for private landlords would be useful?

Back