How ineffective is the QLD BSA ?

IS the BSA in Qld effective?
Obviously for this couple with builder john Correnti the BSA has appeared to left them very frustrated.

Loud warning bells folks

This link has the whole story http://www.northlakes.com.au/Forums/tabid/61/aff/4/aft/3294/afv/topic/Default.aspx
Here is a summary
My wife and I have just built our latest house with Corden Homes, John Correnti, and we are absolutely disgusted with this man and his 'so called' Building company.

If we, like others alas, knew now what we know about him, we would have never even considered building with Corden. We hope that in some way by posting this, others may be saved from the hell we are still living in after 16 months from signing the contract.

The BSA will not do anything until the 6 month maintenance period is finished, even though we tried to get a BSA Inspector to come here to see extent of the Tier 1 Defective Work, and the Category 1 Defective Work, let alone the Category 2 Defects.

This so called Builder has ruined our lives, and we have now also been contacted by others who John has also treated poorly to say the least. We also found out that John had another company called Correnti Homes, in which he was issued demerit points and fined $4,000 by the BSA for failing to recitfy defective work, so he closed down that company and opened up as Corden Homes with a clean slate. How can the BSA just let people do this?

They are about as useless as T#ts on a bull to be frank.

They are not independent, far from it!

Its a bit like the old days of Qld when coppers investigated coppers inhouse........come to think of it not much has changed in that area.

The BSA is good to check a license of a builder but thats about it....even that is meaningless as builders are notorious for shutting up shop under one name and reopening next door under another so to speak.

Only way Queenslanders will ever get real change is to pressure local members......

While the labor party is in power there is no chance of the building industry being looked at seriously.

Mind you the other mob lib/np in qld couldnt organize a chook raffle...so we have to bide our time i guess and force change

i tried to make a claim but they denied it because the developer had built 2 or more houses with the one builder and for some reason that disqualifies all claims, although they are happy to accept all premiums.

agreed... big F for FAIL

I've had a good experience with the BSA. Waterproofing issues and the builder ignored claims. Took a while but the BSA paid for all the repairs.

Am sorry for your experience redsquash, but thank you for sharing it so we can at least be aware there are operators like this out there.

Best of luck with getting it all sorted.

Back