How is it people can't see through Assange?

What a fool of a man.
His on TV today , complaining about the black box that's been put on his life , nose in the air , as if his somebody of standing - high standing , after dobbing in 1/2 the planet like a stupid little school boy screaming out for all his worth , " look at me "
Looks like bloody karma to me !
And , to top it off , the stuff he put out there , 1/2 of it's designed in their efforts to atleast try and protect us against the cowards trying to blow us up all the time .
The mans just some fool ex hacker after a free ride , that somehow thinks the crap his done is gonna help us all , well it'll help Binlardin that's forsure .
The other day his on there crying like a baby that his going to end up locked up forever and treated like Hicks .
Ahh , hello , Hicks went and trained with bloody terrorists , which incidentally isn't much worse than what this fools done anyway.

Dumbfounded :confused:

ps , I mean if this guy really wants to do something actually useful with his backyarded talents why isn't he hacking the enemies computers and exposing that garbage , istead he betrays his own people . I really can not get how they give him airtime.

I think you've misunderstood the issue. As an admitted legal practitioner in this country, my problem with this whole assange case is how it affronts the whole integrity of the rule of law.

The problem lies with using this rape charge to extradite him back to the US, where he's not even a citizen or resident, to face charges in relation to other crimes. Aren't we mixing up politics with the judicial system here? What ever happened to the separation of powers doctrine?

If you think everything that is hapepnning is okay, then how is this society different from your 'enemies', who I'm sure probably have arbitrary legal systems in your eyes?

Perhaps we aren’t all as smart as you and able to work out what everyone else in the world has not been able to work out for 1000's of years :)

We're so stupid we can’t even see the simple truth that you can surmise so quickly and succinctly.

When you know the loony left is supporting him (eg John Pilger), then there is something wrong.
I have no problem with freedom of information and more transparency, but this guy is just a hacker who is not helping any cause.
It does not benefit anyone or any country to have diplomatic emails, etc released. It hurts relations, it reduced trust between counties. We all know that everyone BS's to maintain networks. Look at your work emails, and tell me that there are non that would not be contraversional if released in the papers.
Hope this guys gets shut down before he causes any more problems.

I totally agree Bluestorm! I think he is just an egomaniac trying to grab headlines BUT I also agree with Deltaberry. America trying to get him there in a roundabout way hmmm. I don't agree with what David Hicks did but I agree even less with what the US did with him. If they are our allies why hold one of our citizens without charge for so long? Assange should be brought back here, if anywhere, to face our legal system.

He didnt say his life was a black box. He said the rape case in Sweden is a black box with 'rape' written on the lid. How about more accuracy and less right wing hysteric fear in your posts.

Our lying governments do more to perpetuate and cause terrorism than Assange or Hicks ever could.

one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

he has made govts accountable for their comments. what's wrong with that? do we live in a world where accountability is left to a pie-in-the-sky god?

the fact of the matters are

1) assange had no contact with the leakers. he set up an organisation for those wanting to expose hypocrises and wrong. they submit anonymously. assange cannot be directly responsible for the content handled if there is no formal structure outlining how to handle those documents - in other words, there's no intent.

2) how he acts is of no concern. just because there's no remorse doesn't mean there's intent. he can't be tried as a terrorist because he's not an enemy combatant - the military have a clear definition of the term. in fact - no "terror" has been waged.

http://www.asap-spssi.org/pdf/asap019.pdf

terrorism is defined under title 22 of the US Code as a politically motivated violence perpetrated in a clandestine manner against noncombatants.

if the likes of sarah palin - someone running for the tp job - doesn't even read the rules or can't even google the information, how can she call for him to be tried as such?

3) espionage is classed as clandestine - however, the very definition under US code 18 clearly defines that an individual acting for political activism is NOT classed as espionage.

4) the individual (assange) did not SEEK OUT the information, it was handed to him by their own organisation, the US govt - or an employee thereof. there was no theft, nor intent of theft.

5) as a member of journalistic society, he is allowed to publish said information handed to him. this is the line between espionage and journalism - otherwise a reporter in iraq filming a fire-fight could be held under the same rule.

6) all the above reasons afford him protection under the first amendment if he is extradited. it'll be lengthy, but there is NO case.

7) the SHIELD act is in direct violation of the first amendment and cannot be created with a pre-disposition - or in other words, you can't be operating illegally in the past if there was no law stating what you were doing so illegally, even if it is illegal now.

Look at your work emails, and tell me that there are non that would not be contraversional if released in the papers.
Hope this guys gets shut down before he causes any more problems.

i would happy to release my entire .pst file for anyone to read - there is no confidential information no slander in any of them.

my emails don't cause tens of thousands of people to live in poverty or opression though, so stop simplifying the argument.

How about more accuracy and less right wing hysteric fear in your posts.

Agree.

I find it somewhat hypocritical that the USA goes fighting at the drop of a hat in the name of personal liberty and the right to free speech - and what have we got here? The same country wanting the head of someone who is practicing free speech. :confused:

i would happy to release my entire .pst file for anyone to read - there is no confidential information no slander in any of them.

my emails don't cause tens of thousands of people to live in poverty or opression though, so stop simplifying the argument.

I tend top agree with Aaron & Evan bluestorm

My emails have caused absolutely no deaths or suffering of innocents, squite simply I'm not that iportant or in such a position of responsbility.

There is an email policy where I would get in trouble for writing emails which break the law etc why should important peopkle who's roles end up making more important decisions which affect more people, be exempt from the existing rules & laws which they are supposed to follow as well ?

although i believe there needs to be more transparency, especially financially - i agree with bluestorm that the public don't need to know "everything" in relation to the wheeling and dealing and compromising and stubborness of international relations between one diplomat and another.

to me, diplomats are like parents discussing concerns about their children ... the children don't need to know "everything" that was discussed, especially when it comes to the parents emotions or compromising or conjoling (read: anger, flirting, swearing, reluctant trade offs etc) - they just need to know the end result and the reasoning behind the final decision.

as for assange - he set himself up as "the face" and instigator of wikileaks - if he wants to take the credit, he should also take the responsibilty when it hits the fan.

How about more accuracy and less right wing hysteric fear in your posts.
I always find if amusing that the Left always bring out the Freedon of Information, Freedom of Speech lines, when it suits them.
But heaven say anything bad against Global Warming, Isreal, Islam, etc, etc. Then the Left shut you down quickly.
You only have Freedom of Speech if you agree with the Left opinion.

I find it amusing that when the ClimateGate emails were released, all the Global Warmist said the deniers were taking them out of context, and that you could not look at a few emails and get a picture of the whole situation, and that leakers were criminals who should be jailed

However, when Assange releases a whole lot of diplomatic message, the Left is suddenly fully behind him. (likely because it makes their arch enemy, the US look bad). Suddenly everything is taken as gospel, with no overall context of the messages.

Bunch of hypocrites if you ask me. Assange is a traitor.
Sudddenly everyone want to be protected by Australia. He's stuff in on the web, so their is no jurisdiction.

although i believe there needs to be more transparency, especially financially - i agree with bluestorm that the public don't need to know "everything" in relation to the wheeling and dealing and compromising and stubborness.

to me, diplomats are like parents discussing concerns about their children ... the children don't need to know "everything" that was discussed, especially when it comes to parents emotions or compromising or conjoling - they just need to know the end result and the reasoning behind such.

as for assange - heset himself up as "the face" and instigator - if he wants to take the credit, he should also take the responsibilty when it hits the fan.

Do you actually believe Assange released "everything" on anything ? Not everything about evtyrthing, but eveen everythign about ANTYHING ?

No one knows everything thanks to Assange & wiki leaks, they judt know a little bit more..

What he & wiki leaks have done, has been done by other countries offically for years as part of their tactics, the exposing of enemei's lies and underhanded techniques.....(yes, the all mighty West).. now that someone is doing to them the same as they did it to others, we hear them cry foul and BULL SHEET to people (which they call propaganda when it happens in a non western non democratic state, just remember communist days) that this is the first time something like this has happened and it's going to undo everything good and holy the west is trying to acheive..... give me a break... surely we in the west are above falling for such propaganda, please !!!!

well - somehow i don't think the emails of two diplomats discussing the personality traits of a third really needs to be publically released.

Agree with Aaron

If he had leaked information about how bad and nasty and evil Russia was (and nothing else), would the anti-assange people here have the same reaction? If Russia tried to extradite him from Sweden on some unrelated charge and have him executed, the same people might even be protesting outside some library about how Russia has no 'human rights', whatever that means.

To get politics mixed up with the rule of law and the sepration of powers is wraught with dangers. As Aaron said, one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. The day you stop respecting the integrity of your legal system is the day you might as well throw away your 'liberties', because there are none. Ever seen V for Vendetta?

as for assange - he set himself up as "the face" and instigator of wikileaks - if he wants to take the credit, he should also take the responsibilty when it hits the fan.

Through the rule of law and human rights charter that the US so proudly upholds, or in the Guantanamo Bay prison where apparently mainland US laws don't apply?

I always find if amusing that the Left always bring out the Freedon of Information, Freedom of Speech lines, when it suits them.
But heaven say anything bad against Global Warming, Isreal, Islam, etc, etc. Then the Left shut you down quickly.

I find it amusing that when the ClimateGate emails were released, all the Global Warmist said the deniers were taking them out of context, and that you could not look at a few emails and get a picture of the whole situation, and that leakers were criminals who should be jailed

who in god's name said that?

i for one wanted the TRUTH about global warming, not another bloody excuse for a worldwide, unforfeitable tax on carbon - which WAS the agenda - and it's funny, no one argues this point with me anymore.

i think you're spouting uninformed opinion as fact and need a serious dose of calm-down-and-listen-to-what-you-sound-like.

there is a left and a right to every argument - NOT life in general.

but then, generalities seem to be your entire argument.

well - somehow i don't think the emails of two diplomats discussing the personality traits of a third really needs to be publically released.

And how many deaths or irrevervislbe damage to countless people did that exactly cause lizzie ?

What harm did this do exactly ?

Give me one example where either side has tried to stop the other from releasing info or banning open discussion on climate talks. Then your argument might have some credibility.

It is 2 completely different things. one is vehemently disagreeing with something and other is trying to be shut down, quietened, charged with non existing laws.

However, when Assange releases a whole lot of diplomatic message, the Left is suddenly fully behind him. (likely because it makes their arch enemy, the US look bad). Suddenly everything is taken as gospel, with no overall context of the messages.

Bunch of hypocrites if you ask me. Assange is a traitor.
Sudddenly everyone want to be protected by Australia. He's stuff in on the web, so their is no jurisdiction.

Back