How is it people can't see through Assange?

well - somehow i don't think the emails of two diplomats discussing the personality traits of a third really needs to be publically released.

I reckon emails between a group of guys (think CRU) who deliberately set out to "doctor" the truth is worthy of public release.

anyone who thinks an email is nothing more'n a "thought bubble" to be lost on the breeze is an idiot.

Robert Gates' Memo

2010-10-17: CNN reported that the Department of Defense had concluded that the "online leak of thousands of secret military documents from the war in Afghanistan by the website WikiLeaks did not disclose any sensitive intelligence sources or methods."The assessment, revealed in a letter from Gates to the Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, Sen. Carl Levin (D-Michigan), comes after a thorough Pentagon review of the more than 70,000 documents posted to the controversial whistle-blower site in July. The letter, provided to CNN, was written August 16 by Gates in response to a query by the senator regarding the leak of classified information. Gates said the review found most of the information relates to "tactical military operations."

Julian Assange is just a means ...we are in the cyberspace age, he is doing nothing media, whistleblowers have not done before us...'pre cyberspace days' in days of press/paper..

There will be Julians in the future, as there have been in the past.

Sometimes, just sometimes they bring important coverups to the attention of people. Transparency is not so bad. Sometimes, just sometimes, because of people like involved in Watergate, Daniel Ellsbergs Pentagon Papers, wikileaks...it can bring about change and improvement and accountability.

I reckon emails between a group of guys (think CRU) who deliberately set out to "doctor" the truth is worthy of public release.

anyone who thinks an email is nothing more'n a "thought bubble" to be lost on the breeze is an idiot.

That's right Sunfish, we learnt some scientists can be as b1tchy as us human beings. Investors, (all kinds:)) for example.

when it's the Lefties supporting Assange, it's all good.

this is not a topic I follow closely but I know of no prosecutor in the west who thinks he can make a charge stick. Even the RAPE charge has nothing to do with rape as we know it here. It is about lovers falling out.

"
Looks like bloody karma to me !
.[/quote]
If he makes people nervous by the army of underground cyberactivists that undermine the worlds governments propaganda regimes then so be it ..

ps , I mean if this guy really wants to do something actually useful with his backyarded talents why isn't he hacking the enemies computers and exposing that garbage , istead he betrays his own people . I really can not get how they give him airtime.

This is why he is the darling of the Left now. Because to them, the US and the West ARE the enemy. The "oppressed" Arab world are the good guys.

In the good old days, he'd be seen as a traitor.

Maybe he should spend his time exposing the corruption, bribery, lies, oppression, brain washing, etc, in all the other countries.

You chose your sides Assange, now deal with the consequences.

This is why he is the darling of the Left now. Because to them, the US and the West ARE the enemy. The "oppressed" Arab world are the good guys.

In the good old days, he'd be seen as a traitor.

Maybe he should spend his time exposing the corruption, bribery, lies, oppression, brain washing, etc, in all the other countries.

You chose your sides Assange, now deal with the consequences.

So he should expose corruption bribery, lies etc just not our corrpution, bribery & lies

So he should expose corruption bribery, lies etc just not our corrpution, bribery & lies

why not?

i am sure the gossip, corruption, bribery and lies of other areas of the world (middle east, soviet block, asia, south america, african countries) would also be very interesting to the lefties ... to learn exactly what they think and feel and undertake behind the show of goodwill (or sabre rattling).

So what , you didn't know that stuff goes on , what you need to see it in print ? Who cares that side of it is nothing new , what your surprised , it's some revelation ?

The US are no saints , I don't agree with everything they do but they are doing everything they can to fight the big picture since 9/11 . Sometimes too much and sometimes totally wrong but they've been through a lot and a lot since too. At the end of the day they are your Allies and your friends , if we did need them you'd want to hope and pray they get their a's over here and quickly.
Yet you get this nobody fool running round like a little boy throwing even more fuel on the fire thinking it'll make him somebody.
And what he thinks his worth the Pentagon's time , who the f is he, his no body .
What I'm gonna publish this about you because I'm some traitor hacking scum that can't find something better to do , do you wanna check it first - what the !
The real problems we face right now first up are the scumbags blowing up your own people , just look at how we have live and travel now.
If you really insisted on trying to be some big shot why the hell wouldn't you be help that cause instead of making life even harder for the very people trying to keep you safe or ,go fight for the whales, forests, GW or something !
It's much easier backstabbing friends and - with the built in protection of political correctness . He still gets to make some noise and be somebody , anybody , I just have to be noticed.

Last edited:
So what , you didn't know that stuff goes on , what you need to see it in print ? Who cares that side of it is nothing new , what your surprised , it's some revelation ?

Another way of saying the same thing could be:

"Nah it's pretty obvious that um... well sometimes s**t happens doesn't it?"

So, what you are saying is its ok to lie, cheat, cause illegal wars, abuse human rights...whatever..... but the problem lies in revealing of the same? What a great approach to life. :rolleyes:

Oh, nothing then like the Left wingers trying a beat up by bending and taking out of context some items of the Assange releases, to try and destroy careers.
No that's different. When it's the west, and those in power, than that's OK.

Like "Rudd apparently telling the US that force may be needed if China." being reported, with no context, and with the intention to harm international relations, and a reputation.

Assange is dangerous. Glad they can hopefully shut him up. Hope someone hacks your emails one day and posts evand. Or maybe in 5yrs, when you go for a job, someone scans all your Somersoft posts for the past decade, and you don't get the job, because someone, in one little message read it out of context.

No, but when it's the Lefties supporting Assange, it's all good.

So, what you are saying is its ok to lie, cheat, cause illegal wars, abuse human rights...whatever..... but the problem lies in revealing of the same? What a great approach to life. :rolleyes:

What I find amazing is the Left and women's groups in absolute support of the Arab world, with all the abuse of human rights there. The same women who stamp their feet about equal opportunity have no clue what goes on in a lot of these countries. Maybe more should travel the world.

Abuse human rights, pfff. It was interesting that when the Egypt protests were going on, even Iraq evacuated it's people from Egypt back to Iraq. When the arab world move into the 21st century with rights, then come back to me about human rights.

Assange is the darling of the Left precisely because he's anti-American, just like they are.

And your a saint aren't you. Never lied, not even a white lie, never bend the truth, never used a situation to your advantage, never played politics are work, never taken advantage of someone in distress in property to get a bargin. Well Saint Evand, good on you.

What I find amazing is the Left and women's groups in absolute support of the Arab world, with all the abuse of human rights there. The same women who stamp their feet about equal opportunity have no clue what goes on in a lot of these countries. Maybe more should travel the world.

Abuse human rights, pfff. It was interesting that when the Egypt protests were going on, even Iraq evacuated it's people from Egypt back to Iraq. When the arab world move into the 21st century with rights, then come back to me about human rights.

Assange is the darling of the Left precisely because he's anti-American, just like they are.

And your a saint aren't you. Never lied, not even a white lie, never bend the truth, never used a situation to your advantage, never played politics are work, never taken advantage of someone in distress in property to get a bargin. Well Saint Evand, good on you.

What in the world are you on about? In this very thread it was mentioned how WikiLeaks had focused earlier on Kenya... They don't solely focus on America at all, they publish what is submitted to them.

Who here has expressed pro-Arab sentiments? Just because someone is against America's agenda does NOT mean they're Pro-Arab... Sheesh.

What in the world are you on about? In this very thread it was mentioned how WikiLeaks had focused earlier on Kenya... They don't solely focus on America at all, they publish what is submitted to them.

Who here has expressed pro-Arab sentiments? Just because someone is against America's agenda does NOT mean they're Pro-Arab... Sheesh.

They publish what is submitted to them... I'll say it one more time. They publish what is submitted to them.

They are not hacking government cables, embassies or computers, they are not conducting "cyber-terrorism" and they are not one person. Why aren't they all held to account? Because there is currently no evidence of breaking the law. This is like a witch hunt straight out of the 12th century... and the ignorance and social conditioning around here is rather repulsive.

Some of the right wing garbage in this thread... *sigh*... talk about "social conditioning" ... *double sigh*....

what i find interesting is that so many people seem to think that the governments hold power, and are responsible for human rights abuses and poverty etc in other countries ... gosh ... read anita roddicks' "business as unusual" and have your eyes opened.

the governments are but a minow compared to the multinational corporations

Mate, seriously, what are you on about?

You didn't even come close to addressing the points in my post.

what i find interesting is that so many people seem to think that the governments hold power, and are responsible for human rights abuses and poverty etc in other countries ... gosh ... read anita roddicks' "business as unusual" and have your eyes opened.

the governments are but a minow compared to the multinational corporations

Doesn't WikiLeaks release documents related to corporate misconduct as well?

they havnt yet but they are going to. A lot of stuff about Swiss bank accounts and insurance fraud on a large scale. Should be interesting.

By the way, for the anti Assange crew, the huge diplomatic file was passed to him by an American. Is that funny.

As REM calls the place "Ignoreland" So true.

Doesn't WikiLeaks release documents related to corporate misconduct as well?

Back