How much do you think an outdoor cinema will add?

Hey guys, we've just added an outdoor open air cinema to our alfresco. Two meter by 1200 fixed screen, 3D projector networked and mounted to the ceiling and 10 silent party wireless headphones so we don't disturb the neighbors. Pretty cool set up actually. Our friends love it.

How much value in $$$ terms do you think this would add to our property?

I think it sounds awesome.

Have you got a picture?

I'd like something similar, however probably an inflatable screen. Probably wont see a lot of use during a Canberra winter!

I think it sounds awesome.

Have you got a picture?

I'd like something similar, however probably an inflatable screen. Probably wont see a lot of use during a Canberra winter!

I'll take some this weekend and post them soon. We have 10 people Friday night coming for a movie night. It's BYO pillows and blankets at this stage. Still have to work out seating.

I really want to find some out door cushions that fold out for laying down then fold up into a cube to use as normal seating for other times but can't seem or find what I picture in my head, at a reasonable price at that.

It may not add value to bank's valuation but will defiantly appeal to young-er buyers!

Take a photo of party this weekend and include that in marketing at the time of sale.

I think it could add marginal value, but only if it was running when the buyers came around, and they had kids, and all the kids sat down to watch it, so parents realise the potential...either that, or you throw in a spa as well, adults will like that then...

I sourced the equipment. I don't care for 3d though and I have I few bits laying around at home, so that's what I saw:

100" retractable screen with tripod $100
HD projector $130
Blue ray player (I have a spare)
Wireless earphones $10 each from The Reject Shop (I have 2 of those as well)

A few comments to this idea -

why a tripod? Why not a roll up screen? Tripod takes up space and will get
dirty easily.

$10 headphones for a home theatre? I am an audio buff, so I don't see the point in a home theatre with audio that cheap. Maybe around $100 each I could manage (well, actually probably not, but $100 wired would be ok). My wife however would be happy with the $10 ones :)

I think it could add marginal value, but only if it was running when the buyers came around, and they had kids, and all the kids sat down to watch it, so parents realise the potential...either that, or you throw in a spa as well, adults will like that then...

A few comments to this idea -

why a tripod? Why not a roll up screen? Tripod takes up space and will get
dirty easily.

$10 headphones for a home theatre? I am an audio buff, so I don't see the point in a home theatre with audio that cheap. Maybe around $100 each I could manage (well, actually probably not, but $100 wired would be ok). My wife however would be happy with the $10 ones :)

I was just trying to keep the costs very low as I think it will be used half a dozen times only. It's more for the kids. They're 8 and 2 so I don't think they will care for the surround sound :). I partially lost the hearing in my left ear in a motorcycle accident years ago, so surround sound does not make much difference for me either. All that said, wife could benefit from fancy earphones, but I don't think she would care either. I guess I should ask though :).

The tripod would be so I can move the stuff around and have sessions on my deck, grassed area or swimming pool area. Just an idea.

Sorry, I didn't want to steal the thread with my budget adaptation of the idea. Again, I think it's awesome, but I don't think it adds value.

Back