How offended would you be? Would you do something?

How offended would you be?

• I don't mind and I don't care about neighbours concerns. Horn all you like.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I think it's ok. A horn once in a while in the suburban street is not too bad.

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • I care and wish it didn't happen, but I'm too lazy / introvert to speak to the tenants.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Some what offended. It would upset me but I would wait. Happens again I would speak to them.

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Offended. not nice on the neighbours, Would tell my tenant to stop on the 1st instance.

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hypothetically:
If your tenants's son or tenant's friends horn the horn when they come to pick up your tenants. and often yell from the street.

Instead of getting out of the car or the modern day: prank = door bell / get your bum out here. I've arrived method and receiver does not pick up to save the caller credit.

How offended would you be by the horn and yelling? Would you act on it?

You live in a suburban street, very quiet street away from high way.
You live with your tenants.
You are the landlord.

Please vote for a response closest to what you would do.

55223685.jpg

Hypothetically:
If your tenants's son or tenant's friends horn the horn when they come to pick up your tenants. and often yell from the street.

Instead of getting out of the car or the modern day: prank = door bell / get your bum out here. I've arrived method and receiver does not pick up to save the caller credit.

How offended would you be by the horn and yelling? Would you act on it?

You live in a suburban street, very quiet street away from high way.
You live with your tenants.
You are the landlord.

Please vote for a response closest to what you would do.
English please.

It is illegal in NSW to use the car horn other than in an emergency and is annoying to local residents.

Don't know the serious level though?

Speak to the tenants and ask them to tell their friends to not blow the horn for the respect of the neighbors.

Also; go out to the friends car and say; "Hey fellas; can you please not honk the horn; it's a bit disrespectful of the neighbors."

When you add the word disrespectful it often has the right response.

But, if they are of the; "Eff you" mindset, then a polite suggestion that; "OK, then; we might get my boys in blue mates to come around for a chat" will suffice.

If it only happens during wake up times who would care??

Bad attitude!

Neighbours could be shift workers like nurses, firemen etc trying to sleep during 'wake up hours'!

Everyone has the right to quiet enjoyment and not have to put up with unnecessary noise if it does not warrent it.

pinkboy

Give the tenant a warning, tell them to stand out in the street to wait or geez doesn't everyone have a mobile phone?

About the only excuse is a taxi & they should be out there waiting (You're not charging enough rent if they can still afford taxis).

Bad attitude!

Neighbours could be shift workers like nurses, firemen etc trying to sleep during 'wake up hours'!

Everyone has the right to quiet enjoyment and not have to put up with unnecessary noise if it does not warrent it.

Here's an idea. How about we turn the volume on the whole world down to zero. Then we're guaranteed that no one will be slightly inconvenienced by any sound, ever.

Bad attitude!

pinkboy

Here's an idea. How about we turn the volume on the whole world down to zero. Then we're guaranteed that no one will be slightly inconvenienced by any sound, ever.

All in the detail my friend.

pinkboy

But still below whether you want to complain about night time noise if you choose to live in the city between a pub & a nightclub.

Dude! There's a person that lives across the road from the Prince of Wales that constantly complains about the noise. You live directly across the road from one of the most well known pubs in Melbourne.

Walking down Brunswick Street kills me, because most of the great pubs have now closed, due to noise complaints. Idiots move into an area because they are attracted to the culture, then complain about the culture.

Back