How to make $1500 in 3 weeks...

The share priced dropped because of the USD/AUD fluctuation.

This is an arb play on the fact that the Aussie has risen so much since the offer was made.

The share priced dropped because of the USD/AUD fluctuation.

This is an arb play on the fact that the Aussie has risen so much since the offer was made.

Also (I believe) the window of oppurtunity is starting to close.

There is a close off for accepting the price for the 2000 at $19.50. I think that today is the last day you can buy so that the share can settle in time to accept the offer. (22/6 comes to mind)

I may be wrong as I haven't seen the offer document but as I say this is my believe.

Cheers

I have just been told by Comsec that the offer has got extended till the 16th July and now the cheques will get sent 4 weeks after that that is approx mid-August. So another 8 weeks. Will have to pay interest on this...Interest will just eat into the profit i guess...

:(

Sneaky buggers.

Wonder if they do direct debit payments to your account or if will be by cheque ?

Either way looks like it going to be delayed.

How painful.
Who still uses chqs these days ?
I have found that solicitors still use them whereas conveyancing agents are happy to EFT direct to your account.
Double painful especially as we requested the lender EFT direct ( which was one of their options) but legals sent a bank chq instead and billed me $22 for it as well.!!

Fellas, I was told today by one the traders that there was a record date for the AU$19.50 entitlement and that was 5th May sometime. ie. you must have held RIN shares before that date to be entitled to this "arb". But if you picked it up around these levels. probably pull $0.20 out of the deal. The Cemex hotline is useless, my 3rd nipple could've done better. All they do is read straight from prepared garbage drafted by Allens (their lawyers) which you can find from the many updated bidders statements anyway.

Cemex actually announced last nighton the ASX that the offer was extended to Monday 16th July cos they are only up to 67% and ned to get to 90% for compulsory acquisition. I rang this morning to ask whether the $19.50 thing was still on - the woman on the other side said the offer closed today. I said, didn't you go to the morning meeting?? Anyway I told her it WAS extended and when I asked if the $19.50 deal also extended to 16th July for first 2000, she read out those very well prepared Options that did bugger all to nothing in providing me with a useful answer...

Cemex from the advise of their bankers knows there will be punters like us trying to pull off this arb, apparently thats why there were heaps of 2000 lot trades go through post annoucement. Why don't they just come out and say you are not entitled to do this IN CAPITALS? Because they get more acceptances this way and then point you to the fine print somewhere.

That will be a let down !!
(see where GREED gets you??)

I rang conmmsec and they confirmed that we could initiate the $19.50 acceptance through them, which they did on the spot.

Looks like they were confused by it as well then ???

this is cr@p...

I initiated my acceptance thru comsec and it has gone thru... so will they now come back and say it's no go? and then take 2 months to send me the same amount of money I outlayed?

The payment date is a maximum of 21 days after acceptance. So the extension has no affect on when you get paid.

Cheers

Thanks bens,
This thread is like a typical share investment experience...
An emotional roller coaster ride.
One minute its up, the next its down, then in the end it all comes good ( or maybe not.....)

will be date accepted if you are under the CGT system.

I had a similar prob last year with a property however it was in a tradign entity... no CGT so it fell into the new year which was nice.

but Bort did you hold the shares at the qualifying date? it seems that accepting it is one thing but they dont intend paying it...

"a record date for the AU$19.50 entitlement and that was 5th May sometime"

Back