How to sell property privately in realestate.com.au??

I know you can sell the property privately through domain.com.au but when I went to realestate.com.au, it doesn't seem to have the option of able to sell it privately except it ask you to find the right agent to sell and stuffs like that??

How do I get thru selling it without going the agent thing? Or I can actually go thru the agent ONLY to help me list it as part of marketing?? If so, how much would be just for that?

The reason I ask is becasue I don't want them to earn the commission since I can do the rest myself, it's just that the advertising part that I am stuck with since it seems like that it doesn't allow private seller to list it.

Any help answer would be appreciated

Thanks

I looked at some of those but there was almost no difference between their fees and an agent, although for you it'll probably be a dramatic difference. The last one on that list is *very* cheap.

Had the house up as a private sale for a month or three, no response. Had it in the paper, got a few phone calls and no offers.

Had it with an agent for 3 weeks now, no reponse at all - and that's on re.com.au. Price is already down $12k and the lower I go the bigger my loss gets.

Getting a bit annoying, I have a DA here to pay for and I think you've only got a year to act on one of those.

Thanks but I already knew that before

My main concern is to list by domain.com.au and most importantly, realestate.com.au site. Why? It's simple, becasue it is the most popular and drives the most traffic website in Australia.

So that is why I was asking whether there is a way to list it on realestate.com.au?

If it is a MUST to list there through an agent, how much would it cost??

$80 per month. You have to add advertising in local paper, getting a sign/flyers printed etc if that is what you want to do, or you could just rely on re.com.au and nothing else.

Re.com.au only lets agents list, its just how they work. The sites that other chap posted are agents that list on re.com.au on your behalf but that's all they do - list, you do all the other stuff like opens and other advertising yourself. They've got their prices listed on the websites, they're not commission. You've got a higher end property, you'll save a fortune using them. I have a lower end property, I wouldn't actually save much by using these agencies.

To advertise on re.com.au you must be a real estate agent. Yes there are ones that will do it for some private vendors but you will find a lot of them are under investigation and will eventually be caught out.

If you want to sell private why not put in a two line ad in the paper with a link towards a private website. It reduces your advertising costs and lets the potential purchasers view various photos as well as unlimited text describing your property and surrounds.

Also try community noticeboards, local letterbox drops as well as your own network. Tell everyone you know you are advertising and ask them to spread the word. Other sources of buyers include your accountant, solicitor and mortgage broker. Most will have people wanting to purchase properties and if yours fits what their client is looking for they will pass your details onto them.

Most importantly don't forget a For Sale sign. Most buyers come from passing traffic.

Peter
www.cashflowcalculators.com.au
www.privaterealestate.net.au

If you want to sell private why not put in a two line ad in the paper with a link towards a private website. It reduces your advertising costs and lets the potential purchasers view various photos as well as unlimited text describing your property and surrounds.

Brisbane's paper allowed us, a few years ago, to add a pointer to rentfind.com.au. Next time, they would not allow it, and just last week, my mum got some chap to agree that we could put it in.

This is for rentals, and to be honest, we didn't waste any money on adding the link because nobody much looks in the paper for rentals anyway, much less so than for people looking for sales, I would think.

A three line (?) advert in the paper costs about $66, and most people are searching the net anyway, so we didn't bother wasting the extra line. So frustrating.

Private Sellers on realestate.com.au

They list on realestate.com for private sellers.

Realestate.com.au put out a new policy a few months ago forbidding private sales on realestate.com.au.

After talking with the people in charge, what we did at Happening Real Estate was to simply upgrade our services to include the things that REA was requiring us to do in order to help people to be able to list on realestate.com.au without paying full agent commission..

We offer free market appraisals using Domain Property Data and RPData showing recent sales and properties on the market.

We NEGOTIATE for our clients.

We do the paperwork, and facilitate contracts through to settlement.

All those things are required now by REA, the owners of realestate.com.au.

We are currently charging $440+GST to get your property on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au UNTIL sold. Note that there are no monthly fees associated with this. We also give you a featured property on realestate.com.au. I don't know if anyone is offering THIS service for less but if they are let me know and I will beat their price.

I still believe though that most people would be better off engaging a good agent as long as the fees are reasonable.

If you are one of the many people who could do a very good job selling your property for top dollar and could not benefit from a third party intermediary - an agent - you should consider at least a part time career in the industry. I'm always looking for good people who can provide local real estate services in different areas. Its not hard at all to get a sales certificate - only takes about 3 days of study really.

realestate.com.au does not forbid private sellers to use their advertising website if you use the services of a licenced agency that ensures all private listing are legitimate and have completed documents to proove ownership by the vendor.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to go through an agent to get the advertising but there are places that allow you to pay advertising fees only and sell the property yourself. forsaleforlease.com.au is one of them, the owner of this business comes on this forum I believe. I have helped 2 of my relatives sell their homes privately using this service and am currently in the process with another one. The cost is $399 up front and then $99 per month advertising. Have to do the work yourself but save a lot of money and having the exposure on the main website is very important

Back