How to spruce up shed?

I'm currently Reno ing a house for the intention to sell very soon

There was a shed on it that I was intending to tear down, unfortunately, the side wall is part of the fence and so I've decided to keep it

Unfortunately its pretty bad, the floor is the ground, there is asbestos cracked , the doors are about to fall off

What can I do make this appealable,

The key aspect I need to fix is the side walls are cracked and bent and look shabby

Thanks everyone

Highly likely if its sharing/part of the fence its not a legal install anyway which if your buyer has any sense will turn up when they pull the council plans.

Depending on locality of course but planning requirements generally have a minimum offset from the fence for sheds.

Highly likely if its sharing/part of the fence its not a legal install anyway which if your buyer has any sense will turn up when they pull the council plans.

Depending on locality of course but planning requirements generally have a minimum offset from the fence for sheds.

oops, sorry I mis described

the right wall of the shed, is brick and forms the wall to the house to the right, the rest of the shed is a wooden frame with cracked sheets

so if i knocked the shed down it will have a big gaping hole

Can't you just knock down the wooden part and leave the brick wall part?

I'm guessing you don't want to spend much so how big is the structure?

Could you:
- get some blueboard or such and line the outside to cover the ugly stuff. Paint
- get some colourbond sheets ditto

Be careful of course if working with asbestos

..I'm guessing you don't want to spend much so how big is the structure?

Could you:
- get some blueboard or such and line the outside to cover the ugly stuff. Paint
- get some colourbond sheets ditto...

+1

I've done something similar to my freestanding & terrible looking shed on the weekend. I used galvanized screws to fasten loose existing blueboards; went over it with appropriate sealants; filled in some big holes with expanding foam; let it all dry; sanded back and painted it....then it started raining. :D

I'm thinking, a slab of concrete on the ground, brick up the walls (an aluminium window or two) Maybe render to cover cracks. Asbestos roof? Change to gal., New door jamb and door. Power and light.

You want to get fancy? Use a bit of plumbing imagination.

Bingo. New owner will straight away think - granny flat and $250 pw. Of course more $ in your pocket as well.

Thanks everyone!

Great answers

I like the blueboard ideas, I'm doing the Reno now so ill post photos once I get back!!

Back