How to start?

Hi all, total newbie and probably totally confused!!
we have just bought a property (first real IP) settlement date in couple of weeks and have probably jumped in too quickly without the know how to follow up.

It is in brisbane, LMR zoned/multi dwelling, contract in my name, not hubbys, as will be cash pos. and have been trying to find out where to go from here, hoping you can advise.
I have been in touch with a local solicitor who says I need to get my accountant, financial planner, town planner, surveyor and builder all together for a meeting and that's all fine and dandy but do I really need all of these people straight off the bat??
We currently only have an accountant (who is on the Gold Coast and hasn't returned my call yet)

I think first off I need someone who can tell us what can be done to maximise the potential of the land as depending on what can be done will then tell us if we need to borrow lots or use our own cash etc so does this mean a town planner or surveyor....or have I got it wrong?

Or do any of these cross over and cover each others areas (accountant/F. Planner etc)

Just not sure who to call so would love your feedback and recommendations for the brisbane area!

Back