Hunger for Property Info - Sydney

Hi Donna

Welcome, good to have you on here and I'm sure you'll find your investing journey both interesting and rewarding.

I would go with Mount Druitt since you are familiar with the area but everytime I look most properties seem to be under contract. What about the South West Sydney area ...Liverpool, Campbelltown ? I consider yield (rent return) as key to investing in the current market and have therefore turned my looks towards SE Queensland and the Logan area.

Have you heard of the Right Group and Property Secrets ...would not hurt to attend a few of their seminars or property runs ...no big outlay of cash, just your time.

Best wishes,
Amelia

Hi Donna

Have you heard of the Right Group and Property Secrets ...would not hurt to attend a few of their seminars or property runs ...no big outlay of cash, just your time.

Best wishes,
Amelia

Hi Amelia.

Yes I just found out about the Right Property Group and was thinking about attending one of their fortnightly meetings. Yes I know what you mean about the "Under Offer" on the properties around Mt Druitt. I will expand my research to include the S/W area of Sydney.

Thanks once again.

Donna.

I do live in Sydney, so for my first investment property I was considering the area west of Blacktown (Rooty Hill, Mt Druitt, St Clair, Colyton, etc). My plan is to find a property in the $375k bracket which provides good rental returns. I was considering a large block to accommodate a granny flat but it looks like everybody is heading in the direction.

Any suggestions on these areas?

Donna.

Hi Donna and welcome to the forum

If you have $375K to spend you can afford to buy in Blacktown itself, or even Quakers Hill for blocks that will accommodate g/flats (harder but doable). Yes, they are popular with the good props being snapped up fast but if you're in the market regularly you will pick one up. We've bought several of these properties over the years and recently acquired 2 such props for clients in the $360K's range in the last 2 weeks. You do need the site assessed by a g/flat assessor, however, to determine if it's suitable as the agents are NOT the best source of info here.

Do a search for "Serge" or "granny flats" and start educating yourself so that you're better prepared. Mentors are fine, but you also need to know what you're doing and understand the steps involved. Good luck :)

What was the result for you?

I have developed a hunger for property investment and would love to find a mentor who can point me in the right direction. Can anybody offer any info on Property Investment Groups who meet around the Sydney area? I would love to link up with similar minded people.

Also I would like to attend some seminars to see what the experts have to say and have to offer. Any suggestions on worth while seminars around Sydney which don’t suggest purchasing over priced holiday unit on the Gold Coast or similar rip-off?

Thanks for any assistance.[/QUOTE]

Hi Virgin Investor,

I'm pretty much in the same boat where I have done lots of reading and research. I wouldn't mind attending some PI seminars but I'm not sure which ones might be worthwhile. I was just curious whether you went ahead with doing the Destiny course and whether you found any likeminded people around Sydney to meet up with to discuss property investment.

Cheers,
Digger

Back