Six figure deposit and want to get into Sydney property market

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by robs132, 18th Jun, 2015.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Mister

No Cliff,
    I don't say that it is good to buy in Schofield at the moment. But the area next to it like I said.

Riverstone , Ropes Crossings and Marsden Park in the Northwest
    Glenfields, Edmondson Park, Airds and Oran Park in the Southwest.

The ripple effect will certainly works great along with the NSW Government infrastructure project like WestConnex and Norwest train station.

While in the Southwest, Badgery Creek and Southwest business park are one of the main drivers for growth.

So Cliff, tell me what's wrong with those aspect ?

2. BV

BV Think outside the square

Many South Western suburbs haven't had the excessive growth of the North West so IMO they could have less room to fall in a downturn, but Glenfield is not one of those suburbs ( its already too expensive)

Ingleburn (which is next to it) offers better value IMO and particularly for townhouses.

Why do you need to buy anything at all?,
    We should not jump in because of FOMO ( fear of missing out).

3. Gockie

Gockie Life loving Big 4 Banker

I dont think its a good time to buy residental property in Sydney in all honesty. The value is basically not there and you've basically missed the last boom phase. If however, you can find a massively undervalued property near the city by some freak of nature, buy it, but they are rare as hens teeth. Make sure you stay away from Serviced apartments and Student accommodation though.

Possibly buying something commercial could be a goer with your sizable deposit rather than residental, but I am no expert on commercial property. Sorry.
    Otherwise, head interstate like the rest of us. :)

4. MIW

MIW Member

That's what I thought too, why buy in areas where such substantial growth just occurred. What's wrong with the people that think that way????

5. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Mister

Schofields is too late, but Marsden Park and Riverstone is good

MIW,

No I don't suggest to buy in Schofields !

Look at my posting carefully http://somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1330547&postcount=18

I was suggesting to buy the suburbs next to it to enjoy the ripple effects benefits.